Wheel nuts

smudgedon

After all the stories/experiences of alloy nuts, what il probably do it buy some standard wheel nuts from Nissan and get them painted in the colour of choice, that way you've no worries of sheering etc and have the look of alloy ones

Just make sure the pitch angle is correct ;)

and I bet you would say that 'cos "Ray" told you so :wacko:;)

No I believe Wasso was telling me how much he rates rays nuts. Saying how strong yet lightweight they were.

The Duraluminum nuts are just shy of steel nuts.

Aluminium nuts don't stand a chance.

As said Rays wouldn't endorse their own nuts if they were going to fail. Nearly 3 years on and never an issue, and my nuts have had a right good bashing :lol:

and I bet you would say that 'cos "Ray" told you so :wacko:;)

No I believe Wasso was telling me how much he rates rays nuts. Saying how strong yet lightweight they were.

The Duraluminum nuts are just shy of steel nuts.

Aluminium nuts don't stand a chance.

As said Rays wouldn't endorse their own nuts if they were going to fail. Nearly 3 years on and never an issue, and my nuts have had a right good bashing :lol:

Those are Strong Nuts! :clap:

Sorry... couldn't resist... the joke I mean, not your nuts!

Taken from the D1 Spec knackered nut thread.

Stainless Steel has a yield strength of 520mpa

Aluminium 6061-0 has a yield strength of 45mpa

Aluminium 6061-T4 has a yield strength of 110mpa

So Duraluminum with a yield strength of 450mpa should not be shunned off for just being 'Aluminium'.

I was looking at these in gold, but they also do them in your favourite colour ;) (and black)

sr48_purple_zpsfb03a402.jpg

These are a 17mm hex so no problem with aftermarket wheels and are chrome vanadium (steel) as well so they should be a bit better and safer than the usual aluminium ones. These weigh 2oz and the aluminium ones only weigh 0.7oz so there's quite a bit of difference.

http://www.funkypowe...id_product=6296

Also this site has a few stunning ones but its in the states.

http://www.evasivemo...ategory_Code=L1

I have been looking at the SR48's, lovely nuts. Its a shame Tarmac doesn't stock this model of Muteki's too.

Smudgedon have you invested in any yet, if so, it would be great to know what your feedback was? I have read a few reviews all of which suggest that they are prone to scratching and paint flaking off. Is there an answer to help prevent this, for example could you clear coat lacquer them? Or maybe there is a socket on the market that is lined with silicone?

Edited by Ceejay29