Envirophone?

stuarty

I have 2 samsung galaxy S3's. Ive decided to change to a different mobile. So i went on to Envirophone's website and was offered £220 each. So i accepted the offer, sent one in there pre paid envelope wrapped in extra bubble wrap and in it's original box. I also paid £6.95 to send it special delivery. Next day i got an email saying they had received it and it had past testing. A few days later and the £220 was in my account.

So i then decided to send the other phone, which unlike the other was perfect and had only been used around 10 times. I always kept it in its original box in a drawer because it was too large for my wife to use.

Got a email today saying it had a damaged chassis and they where only offering £165. So out of principle i asked for it to be returned.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar. I cant understand it as the phone was brand new condition and didn't have a single mark on it.

Edited by stuarty

I have 2 samsung galaxy S3's. Ive decided to change to a different mobile. So i went on to Envirophone's website and was offered £220 each. So i accepted the offer, sent one in there pre paid envelope wrapped in extra bubble wrap and in it's original box. I also paid £6.95 to send it special delivery. Next day i got an email saying they had received it and it had past testing. A few days later and the £220 was in my account.

So i then decided to send the other phone, which unlike the other was perfect and had only been used around 10 times. I always kept it in its original box in a drawer because it was too large for my wife to use.

Got a email today saying it had a damaged chassis and they where only offering £165. So out of principle i asked for it to be returned.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar. I cant understand it as the phone was brand new condition and didn't have a single mark on it.

They will charge you to return aswell sometimes. £20 sometimes!

I usually just ebay the phones but it is more hastle. There is a mobile phone comparer so you can see what mazuma/envrophone etc etc will give you and what their terms and conditions are.

I usually just ebay the phones but it is more hastle. There is a mobile phone comparer so you can see what mazuma/envrophone etc etc will give you and what their terms and conditions are.

They said there returning it free, but ive read some horror stories. Folk getting phones back with parts missing and damaged screen etc!

They said there returning it free, but ive read some horror stories. Folk getting phones back with parts missing and damaged screen etc!

Exactly, TBH there isn't much I think you can do in that case. Usually on cheaper phones its just annoying but on a high end phone like that its alot of money! If its being returned free I think your ok though.

Exactly, TBH there isn't much I think you can do in that case. Usually on cheaper phones its just annoying but on a high end phone like that its alot of money! If its being returned free I think your ok though.

I bought my wife a samsung galaxy s3 mini for £240 on payg to put her contract sim in. I was only looking for my money back from that. But i'd rather give it to my 7 year old niece to use rather than be ripped off, as i know it was perfect!

My missus worked at Envirofone about 4 years ago, which is of no help at all i realise, but i thought it was interesting. The owner at the time who started the company was a greek guy, and he'd always be having staff nights out where he'd buy everyone's drinks thinking he was the big man... but i always chose to pay for my own. :lol:

Anwyay, i would check on the CEX Exchange website what they'll offer for it, and then you can at least drop into your local branch in person and sell it to them. Less risky and they seem to offer at least as good prices as the others in my experience.

• Like 1

Yep i sent them a mint iphone 4, they came in about £20 better than o2.

I got an email to say it was water damage and would offer me £30 ( a drop of £150!!!) I said there was no way it was water damaged and would like a second opinion. The came back a day later to say there was water damage and their offer stood.

I asked for the phone to be returned and it was FOC however there was now a scratch down the back of the phone. I CBA arguing so i sent it off to o2 who had now dropped to £150 who accepted it had no water damage but dropped me £30 for the damaged case :rant:

I will never ever use them again and i've advised lots of people to steer clear.

Edited by Fodder

Yep i sent them a mint iphone 4, they came in about £20 better than o2.

I got an email to say it was water damage and would offer me £30 ( a drop of £150!!!) I said there was no way it was water damaged and would like a second opinion. The came back a day later to say there was water damage and their offer stood.

I asked for the phone to be returned and it was FOC however there was now a scratch down the back of the phone. I CBA arguing so i sent it off to o2 who had now dropped to £150 who accepted it had no water damage but dropped me £30 for the damaged case :rant:

I will never ever use them again and i've advised lots of people to steer clear.

Yeah, i'm dreading getting it back now!