New Exhaust - Wierd sound thoughts please?

neo-ninja

Howdy peeps,

As you may have seen on another thread i recently bought a basically brand new exhaust and mid pipe and got it fitted yesterday (it had been on another 350z for about 2 weeks before they upgraded it). My way yesterday everning was really nice and sunny so i took it for a blast and it sounded great, not quite as boomy as when my exhaust went but noiser then when it was botch patched with wielding and superglue.

However today it is pissing it down and on the way to work it sort of sounded like I had a strange what i can only describe as whine comeing from the rear, but i couldnt work out if it was the exhaust or something else and about 10 mins into the drive it stopped.

When they did the exhaust my p2 service was also due so they changed my oils and filter etc..

Any ideas on what it might be? The car drove fine etc...

Edited by neo-ninja

Like mike said, sounds like a hairline fracture.

sounds like the common fault you get with the OEM exhausts, When they go it wines and sounds like a supercharger. Perhaps something coming apart in yours

Like mike said, sounds like a hairline fracture.

Strange though as its basically brand new. where would you expect the fracture? It litrally had no rust on it etc.. still had stickers on it etc..

If all new, then I would check gaskets, you may find its just bedding in. Any gaps soon coke. If its still there in 1000 miles then get it on a ramp

Ah ok I didnt realise. I will give it a few weeks then and see if i hear it again.

Thanks again all for the help as always!