Spa

Ekona

Off tomorrow evening towards Folkestone, ready for an early AM crossing on Friday and heading towards Belgium all set for my first trackday at Spa :D

First time at Spa, as well as first European circuit and first current F1 circuit, so I'm really looking forward to it and seeing how it compares with 'normal' UK tracks. Jo has very kindly lent me the STi for the weekend so I won't have to push the MX-5 up Eau Rouge, and since I've never tracked that either it's a proper weekend of firsts! Still need to fit a harness bar and wash the car tomorrow at work at some point, and I'm not even packed yet so it may be a late night.

Will be taking my GPHDH3 with me too which I've yet to use (again with the firsts), so hopefully I'll be able to get some decent footage of the day. Fingers crossed the snow holds off :)

Track insurance, mostly. Bit too pricey this time round, and since we may or may not be getting rid of the Impreza this year it would be rude not to do at least one track day in it.

I'm toying with the idea of taking the 911 to the Ring in August...

I'm sure you have checked, but are they running open tourist sessions.

I wanted to head there last year or the year before can't remember and when I investigated they only had a couple of sessions throughout the year? I wasn't impressed by this and ended up at the ring instead.

I'm sure you have checked, but are they running open tourist sessions.

I wanted to head there last year or the year before can't remember and when I investigated they only had a couple of sessions throughout the year? I wasn't impressed by this and ended up at the ring instead.

'Tis a proper BaT track day. They're doing a double header but I didn't fancy pounding the car that hard for two days straight. :)

I packed everything last night: Clothes, helmet, racewear, tools, fluids, cleaning stuff, passport, cameras, the lot.

Except a pair of trainers. Now I have to go home and pick them up instead of leaving straight from work. Knobhead! :bang:

Awesome place done many a lap @ Spa, both in a Fun Cup beetle in the 25 hour race and in a pretty trick Nissan 32GTR;

This is a short video from last year in the wet

Get an instructor for 30 mins it will help and if it wet stay off the racing line normally very slippery on the racing line in the wet.

we are going twice this year hopefully the 2nd time with our 350Z track car.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Get an instructor for 30 mins it will help and if it wet stay off the racing line normally very slippery on the racing line in the wet.

Are there instructors at Spa Mark or would you recommend getting one with a trackday provider?

I've got some mates there for the weekend as well, (continually) wrong side of payday for me to head over unfortunately :(

They'll be in gt2/3's and 964's :thumbs:

Have an AWESOME time - amazing place !

Edited by RobPhoboS

Well, considering we actually managed to see some track action on Saturday as opposed to today which was completely cancelled, it's safe to say I booked the right day at least. That said, Spa in the snow with patches of ice at various points does make for an 'interesting' track :D

Will do a proper write up in a bit, just trying to sort the video footage out.