Front Bumper Question

WoREoD

(MY03 Standard Bumper)

Some time ago an item appeared on e-bay which was discussed as being a lower spoiler for the front bumper.

From that, I assumed the black painted bar I could see under my front bumper was that item.....

However, I'm now getting round to having my front re-sprayed and on close examination the black bar I can see appears to be part of the front bumper moulding (either that or its a bl**dy close fit and has been sprayed over).

So, if mine is split, does that mean I might need a new front bumper moulding?

Cheers...

(MY03 Standard Bumper)

Some time ago an item appeared on e-bay which was discussed as being a lower spoiler for the front bumper.

From that, I assumed the black painted bar I could see under my front bumper was that item.....

However, I'm now getting round to having my front re-sprayed and on close examination the black bar I can see appears to be part of the front bumper moulding (either that or its a bl**dy close fit and has been sprayed over).

So, if mine is split, does that mean I might need a new front bumper moulding?

Cheers...

John,

Just under and slightly back from the leading lower edge of your bumper is the plastic moulding that sticks down.

If I remember rightly this is a separate piece that can be purchased individually from Nissan. I think it attaches with studs or something but could be proved wrong again.

I "think" its about £30 but could be wrong on that one too ..... sure someone who has replaced etc will be along shortly.....

Why don't you ask John at Holdcrofts etc for the confirmation and a price including our discount?

Thanks for the info guys. I'm beginning to suspect my front bumper was re=sprayed before I took delivery of the car and the paint now conceals the join between bumper and this part. (I'll ask my dealer tomorrow - should put him on the spot).

I'm about to get the bumper resprayed due to a few minor encounters but I've also discovered a crack about two inches high that in both the lip and the bumper - so much so they no longer align horizontally. So my next question will be: Can I just get away with a new lip and have the bumper repaired, or will have to get a bumper as well? Nothing's easy!!