Brake biting

Aliensurfer

Guys,

As you might have seen in my thread about Silverstone, on the way home I lost the back end slightly and ended up hitting the curb quite hard on the passenger side. (A428, just close to the burnt out Chinese place if anyone knows Cambridgeshire.)

Anyway, a cursory check of the wheels showed nothing other than some curbing damage to the alloys and certainly no damage to the tyres. I did a few basic checks while driving home and no pulling in either direction under braking or accelerating, no wheel wobble and she felt perfectly fine. No issues with the 800 miles i did during the week too.

However, last night I was taking a spirited drive home and coming around a sweeping right hand bend at speed i felt my front brakes bite, only slightly like i was tapping the brake pedal, but it was certainly there. I couldn't recreate the issue on other bends on that drive home though. I've not had it up on a ramp or even on a jack to take a look, and there has been no fluid leaking from what i can tell.

Could have I have knocked something lose / cracked something here, or would this be something not to worry about too much?

Cheers.

As Alex said, that will be your ESP kicking in, pulsing your NSF brake. You must have been pushing fairly hard to get the ESP to kick in mid corner.

I have never had the ESP interfere while driving on the road, and only a few times on track, and I don't drive like a granny on either. ;)

Don't take it the wrong way, as I believe these cars should be driven, but if you've lost the back end sliding into a curb one week, and managed to get the ESP to kick in mid corner the next week, you may want to calm down a bit.

It doesn't take much on the pubic roads to loose control if your pushing it that hard. Any little bump, pothole, mud, leaves, manhole cover etc....would be enough to see you off the road at those speeds.

Would hate to see the Zed bent. :)

I always find the Zeds ESP (assuming that also triggers the traction control/slip light on the dash) very easy to trigger, especially in the wet, even on 1/4 throttle doing 20mph, it will give a little then kick me back in line.

I always find the Zeds ESP (assuming that also triggers the traction control/slip light on the dash) very easy to trigger, especially in the wet, even on 1/4 throttle doing 20mph, it will give a little then kick me back in line.

Tha'ts the traction control, and yes that interferes far too much and is easy to trigger. That cuts the power to the rear wheels and can be turned off using the ESP switch on the dash.... The ESP itself can't be turned off and brakes individual wheels when it feels the car is out of shape, and is much more difficult to trigger.

As Alex said, that will be your ESP kicking in, pulsing your NSF brake. You must have been pushing fairly hard to get the ESP to kick in mid corner.

I have never had the ESP interfere while driving on the road, and only a few times on track, and I don't drive like a granny on either. ;)

Don't take it the wrong way, as I believe these cars should be driven, but if you've lost the back end sliding into a curb one week, and managed to get the ESP to kick in mid corner the next week, you may want to calm down a bit.

It doesn't take much on the pubic roads to loose control if your pushing it that hard. Any little bump, pothole, mud, leaves, manhole cover etc....would be enough to see you off the road at those speeds.

Would hate to see the Zed bent. :)

And don't take this the wrong way, I would hate to see me and my Zed bent by an another one coming the other way on my side of the road after bouncing off the curb :blush: