MX5 mk1 track toy

Gudzy

Picked this mk1 mx5 up a couple of weekends ago with the intention of doing a few track days in it. I'm booked on to go to Cadwell park on the 17th March for my birthday.

IMG_0639_zpscb212983.jpg

IMG_0638_zps255c89db.jpg

Pictures taken on a much nicer day than today...

I might even be able to make Dan jealous with a full set of Toyo R888s on the black alloys pictured and a spare matching set of michelin tyres on the original wheels! It also came with a set of Meister R coilovers which have had a hunter alignment so hopefully it should be good on track, I imagine it will be more capable than I am!

It's a UK 1.8, I was told the 1.8 was the one to go for because it has some additional bracing and bigger brakes. No power steering, abs or electric windows so back to basics.

IMG_0641_zps626050d2.jpg

I can let you know what I think of the meisters but as they came fitted with the car I won't have anything to compare it to. Plenty of good reviews on mx5nutz.

First on the list is a proper roll bar rather than the style bar that's currently fitted and I'm on the look out for buckets/ harnesses and some 15" wheels as there seems to be a better choice of tyres available.

But other than that I'm hoping to not really do much to it (famous last words!)