Opinioms on wheel colour please (& Photoshop plea).

14N

Hi All,

I currently have some TSW Jarama wheels waiting to be fitted to my car (once the weather improves and the salty roads disappear).

Here they are: http://www.tsw.com/a...eels_jarama.php

I have the black spoked version in 19's and I'm considering changing the spoke colour (and everything else that's black) to a gunmetal colour.

What do you think? I'm sat on the fence at the mo and can't decide either way, so all opinions are very welcome. They'll be going on a GM 350Z coupe. That one down there....

Thanks in advance,

Ian :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

.......I like a little colour in my wheels lol

Even if it's black? lol I get your point about it looking bland though. The GM would have to be a darker shade than my car I think. Otherwise folk will be thinking "Oh look, John Major's got a 350Z".

.......I like a little colour in my wheels lol

Even if it's black? lol I get your point about it looking bland though. The GM would have to be a darker shade than my car I think. Otherwise folk will be thinking "Oh look, John Major's got a 350Z".

I may start calling you john major anyway from now on :p

If you pop a picture up maybe some one can photoshop it for you

OK, here's a plea to all the nice Photoshop gurus.

A couple of pics taken when Wasso was trying 'em on for size and a side shot of my car. If it's possible, can they be put on my car in the magical mystical world of Photoshop, in both the black and GM colour? Pleeeeez?

IMG_7801_zps0c72d194.jpg

IMG_7799_zps8508ca3d.jpg

100_2838-Copy2_zps588d4309.jpg

Many thanks, Ian :thumbs:

Still sat on the fence :(

Found some pics of slimjim's GM Zed with similar (in the sense that they're 5 spoke and chrome lip) wheels. Gives me a better idea as my imagination is limited :lol:

Z3_zps917c5bbb.jpg

Z2_zps1b105c84.jpg

Opinions still invited and welcomed. Do I leave 'em black or go GM?

Hey you lot leave me alone.... :lol:

I did like Martins rims but didn't like the polished lip with the darker shades of my car. Then the RE030's I actually really liked but not feeling the 18" fronts.

So on that basis I've put wheels out my mind for now. To be fair I keep looking at my Rays and still really like them, especially in Anthrecite. Anyway I need to save my cash at the mo.

Black wheels just don't do it for me as you loose all the detail unless up close.

Gm spokes would be better than black for sure, but I have to agree with RT shadow chrome would look really cool

Have a look at his wheel thread for an idea of the colour.

I used to have shadow chrome on my supra and thought it looked excellent.

I think when I refurb mine it's gonna be shadow chrome spokes and polished dish and rim.

Black wheels just don't do it for me as you loose all the detail unless up close.

Gm spokes would be better than black for sure, but I have to agree with RT shadow chrome would look really cool

Have a look at his wheel thread for an idea of the colour.

I used to have shadow chrome on my supra and thought it looked excellent.

I think when I refurb mine it's gonna be shadow chrome spokes and polished dish and rim.

+1 saw martins at LakeZ last year and almost fell over in love (with the colour that is)

Thanks for your comments and opinions guys (and gal), I appreciate your input, I think I may of found a solution.

Plastidip Gunmetal :teeth:http://www.plastidip...unMetal&stage=1

So I think plan is: Buy a can, try it on a wheel, if I like it, buy some more and spray the other 3, if it looks pants, peel it off. Sorted.

I do really like the shadow chrome suggestions and love the colour, but I'll be doing this job myself, so this won't be an option. But maybe next year...

Edited by 14N

Thanks for your comments and opinions guys (and gal), I appreciate your input, I think I may of found a solution.

Plastidip Gunmetal :teeth:http://www.plastidip...unMetal&stage=1

So I think plan is: Buy a can, try it on a wheel, if I like it, buy some more and spray the other 3, if it looks pants, peel it off. Sorted.

I do really like the shadow chrome suggestions and love the colour, but I'll be doing this job myself, so this won't be an option. But maybe next year...

How strange, I have literally just finished watching a youtube video of gunmetal plastidipped wheels and came on here to suggest it !!

Might be tempted to do the same myself.

Hey you lot leave me alone.... :lol:

I did like Martins rims but didn't like the polished lip with the darker shades of my car. Then the RE030's I actually really liked but not feeling the 18" fronts.

So on that basis I've put wheels out my mind for now. To be fair I keep looking at my Rays and still really like them, especially in Anthrecite. Anyway I need to save my cash at the mo.

Some lovely Volks Progressivs would look incredible on yours! ;):lol: