Pure DAB Highway Car Radio.

choptop

Looking at getting DAB radio in the Zed. Want something that can be also used in the company hack as well. These units have been around for a time but wanted to know if anyone has used one and what their views were. Is it acceptable or a heap of junk?

Advice sought please :thumbs:

I've had one for 3 years or so and use it between the van and the Zed. Have it on all the time in the van and in most areas the reception is good, much better than it used to be as DAB spreads. One word of warning though, the screen aerials are not good and on both the van and the Zed I use an external aerial, glass mount on the Zed. This site is worth a look as it's come quite a way since the Pure DAB.

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/

I'll see if I can find a picture of the aerial on the Zed :) Lincolnbaggie had one and it worked well for him too :)

Here you go

P9030244.jpg

I've had one for 3 years or so and use it between the van and the Zed. Have it on all the time in the van and in most areas the reception is good, much better than it used to be as DAB spreads. One word of warning though, the screen aerials are not good and on both the van and the Zed I use an external aerial, glass mount on the Zed. This site is worth a look as it's come quite a way since the Pure DAB.

I'll see if I can find a picture of the aerial on the Zed :) Lincolnbaggie had one and it worked well for him too :)

That was an interesting read. Especially the bit about the add on that makes your oem DAB!

I still think I will get that pioneer for you to put in though.

When I get it back lol:)

That was an interesting read. Especially the bit about the add on that makes your oem DAB!

Don't know anyone who has tried the add on, as usual with DAB it will be all about the reception. You'll get yours back when you stop changing your mind!! :p ;)

Don't know anyone who has tried the add on, as usual with DAB it will be all about the reception. You'll get yours back when you stop changing your mind!! :p ;)

My mind costs me a lot of money!

I use a JVC stuck on the glass aerial. It works good for me. No doubt a proper antenna would be better but it does what I need it to fine. DAB signal is ok here aswell.

Yep used the same aerial myself very good results except in very bad areas :thumbs:

I have unlimited 3G now so just stream via BT from my iPhone :teeth:

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Ideally I would go for a proper DAB fitted radio/dvd/even make you your breakfast jobbie but want something I can use in two cars.

I will put the free windscreen mount aerial on the company hack and get a windscreen glass mount one for the Zed :)