Integrated Phone -HELP

Dicky

Just bought a bluetooth adaptor from Holdcroft but cant get it to fit to the device mounted in the centre console. Ive attached some pictures of this device but cant get anyone (main dealer or auto elec) to identify what it is. There isn’t any plug ,socket or electrical connections anywhere to be seen, other than a couple of wires going to the back of it and I cant see how even the original cradle method would have connected the device to the phone cradle.

Checked another 04 Z at the garage and its also got the same device mounted in its centre console.

its a cradle, you bluetooth adaptor slides and clicks into the cradle. Have you read the install manual that would of come with it. Its dead easy

If ya still stuck pm me your phone number and i'll talk you through

:surrender: You don't have to yank it out like that :scare:

The front part of the cradle slides forward. Using the front of your bt adapter push the end of the cradle out slotting the bt adapter in at the same time. When you let it go it should retract and push the bt adapter into the correct position :thumbs:

The front part of the cradle slides forward. Using the front of your bt adapter push the end of the cradle out slotting the bt adapter in at the same time. When you let it go it should retract and push the bt adapter into the correct position :thumbs:

Cheers Sarnie, but if you look at photo 003 you can see why that wont work. At the opposite end to the sprung loaded bit is a plastic cover with a piece of plastic sticking out (shown at top of photo and looks to be colored silver). There isn’t any electrical connection for the adaptor to connect to. My guess is that this plastic bit should come off somehow to reveal a socket but Im a bit scared to lever it too much in case I damage it.

Dicky

its a cradle, you bluetooth adaptor slides and clicks into the cradle. Have you read the install manual that would of come with it. Its dead easy

If ya still stuck pm me your phone number and i'll talk you through

Cheers Mike, PMed you last night but I wont get in the house until approx 8pm toinght and tomorrow night. Im on nights on sat but available until 6pm. Cheers Dicky

Cheers Sarnie, but if you look at photo 003 you can see why that wont work. At the opposite end to the sprung loaded bit is a plastic cover with a piece of plastic sticking out (shown at top of photo and looks to be colored silver). There isn’t any electrical connection for the adaptor to connect to. My guess is that this plastic bit should come off somehow to reveal a socket but Im a bit scared to lever it too much in case I damage it.

Dicky

Your getting confused :wheelchair::lol:

I'll take a pic for ya............................

Dicky

You might well be right. Thanks for the offer. A picture of a working one will be very useful to help me see where Im going wrong

Cheers Dicky

Dicky

You might well be right. Thanks for the offer. A picture of a working one will be very useful to help me see where Im going wrong

Cheers Dicky

Just had a look at mine.

Tops007.jpg

The plastic bit that you are talking about actually drops down when you pull out the front bit. Look how one of my fingers pulls out the front bit allowing the plastic bit to drop and thus revealing the connectors :teeth: I should be a mod :D

Sarnie young man I would kiss you on the lips if you were better looking (ha ha). You’ve managed to make me feel very very stupid. I’m glad I don’t know any of you guys personally as I wouldn’t be able to hold my head up again. The picture tells the story. I now understand why the plastic lump at the front is angled to assist that part of the assembly to be pushed down when the adaptor is inserted. Im sitting in the office now and cant wait until I can get to the car tonight and have another go.

Cheers young man for your efforts and to everyone else also (mind you if it doesn’t work Ill be calling you all a load of -**!1$ to the wife tonight).

Once again thanks

Dicky

How the heck do you programme in the phone numbers? I'm having to go thru the following steps to dial someone at the moment:

1. Press button on steering wheel

2. Say "Dial Number"

(phone girl asks: the number please)

3. 01623

(phone girls repeats: zero one six two three)

4. 411200

(phone girl repeats)

5. Dial

(phone girl: the number is dialed)

I'd love to just press the button and say "Dial Home".... HOW DO I DO THAT? :wacko:

How the heck do you programme in the phone numbers? I'm having to go thru the following steps to dial someone at the moment:

1. Press button on steering wheel

2. Say "Dial Number"

(phone girl asks: the number please)

3. 01623

(phone girls repeats: zero one six two three)

4. 411200

(phone girl repeats)

5. Dial

(phone girl: the number is dialed)

I'd love to just press the button and say "Dial Home".... HOW DO I DO THAT? :wacko:

here ya go

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2713

you'll also find the instructions in the car manual

Well, what do you know! Dropped the adaptor in to the spring loaded bit of the base unit, pushed it forward and hi presto the front bit dropped down to reveal a nice shiny socket into which it connected. I must have looked a bit sad last night though sitting in the car in the garage getting my daughter to call me :blush: . The wonders of science eh. I’ll have a go at programming in my numbers tomorrow and get introduced to Miss Pardon maybe. WHAT WAS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT anyway?? :wacko:

Thanks again one and all.

Cheers Dicky

Glad you got it connected Dicky - did the one in ours last night too, but couldnt get the damn thing to make a call.

Press the button, say the number, ask her to dial the number - "The number is dialled" - then nothing, just switches back to radio.

I dont think I paired the phone correctly with the car though, so Ill give it another go tonight.