Heater blower

mcramsay

I have a 2003 350z and over the last few months I've been having an intermittent issue with the heater blower. When the car is cold the blower will not run, occasionally when hot it will, I took the fan out from under the dash, and let an electronics wizard at work have a look, it turns out it is a brushless motor and requires a pulse to make the fan spin, we emulated a slow pulse and managed to make the fan move! We are guessing that something on the control circuit is goosed and not pulsing to operate the fan, I rung my local Nissan garage And was quoted £500 for a new fan, but not being 100% that's there could be an other fault causing this issue I'm reluctant to part with that kind of cash! I was wondering if any one had any experience of this issue? If so how it was fixed? There are second hand fans on eBay but not the correct one for my 350. The bloke at Nissan said I need one for a 2004-2007 model with a 3 pin plug on it! Any help would be much appreciated!

Take off the trim around the gear lever and there is a white ribbon cable behind the heater controls - inspect this for any damage and make sure it is plugged into the controls correctly and also plugged into the white box firmly. The white box is the AC control unit.

Try unplugging it from the controls and start the car... does it blow then? Mine blows on full when it's disconnected from the switch.