Russian Meteor

marzman

yep seen it. Also a very large asteroid called 2012 DA14 the size of an olympic swimming pool going between us and the moon tonight at around half seven. You will need binoculars

2012da141.gif

Animated visibility map for asteroid 2012 DA14 between 18:00 and 21:30 GMT. The asteroid will be visible from green areas.

:scare: Holy sh*t wasn't expecting that in the second video! lol Just goes to show, you can't do nuthin' if one of them big enough wants to 'visit' lol. Love the first vid, second cars music on the radio....good god lol :lol:

Luckily this one was small enough to break up before it impacted , one the size of 2012 DA14 would vaporised that Russian town and that's only about 50 metres across. We are in a position to spot objects of about 20 metres, this one was just too small to spot.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Russians have cameras in their cars due to the following problems in their Country.

Kidnapping, Crash for Cash, Road Rage, Drive by Shootings. Car Theft,

pi**ed mindless morans keying your car, Braking into cars. Pi55ing on your car..etc:

Now I written this...Its not Russian...Its the Good Old UK....!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Just to give you an idea of how devastating one of these impacts can be I found this estimated damage map. This is based on the impact at The Barringer Crater (also known as The Meteor Crater) close to Winslow, Arizona. The meteor that hit the ground some 50,000 years ago was pretty much the same size as 2012 DA14 which passed close to the Earth yesterday.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/science/kring/epo_web/impact_cratering/enviropages/Barringer/effectsmappage.html

Pete

I've been to that crater site In Arizona and it is pretty awe inspiring, will post some pics up when I'm back home tomos evening. The information centre their is pretty good aswell demonstrating the effects of the impact, crazy stuff!

Just to give you an idea of how devastating one of these impacts can be I found this estimated damage map. This is based on the impact at The Barringer Crater (also known as The Meteor Crater) close to Winslow, Arizona. The meteor that hit the ground some 50,000 years ago was pretty much the same size as 2012 DA14 which passed close to the Earth yesterday.

http://www.lpi.usra....ctsmappage.html

Pete

Brilliant.