Re-introduction and advice required!

Hi, previous owner who's thinking of coming back to the fold!!

About 6 years ago I owned a 2004 import, absolutely loved the car but unfortunately I aquaplaned in to a wall and the wall won :( after owning various cars since (rx8 231, boxster s, golf r32) I haven't been able to fill the void that the Z left!!!

I'm now back in the hunt for a Z, I've got about 7k to spend, been looking at some 2004 models with various mileage/specs etc when I spotted a 2008 313 for sale local to me, it's done less than 20k mileage full service history BUT it's a cat D, went to see it tonight, lovely little car, looks nice and straight with no obvious signs of its past (front end damaged) only thing I noticed is that it has a pre facelift front bumper fitted (which can be rectified I suppose). GT pack with sat nav, the interior is spotless to be fair.

The guy wants 7k for it, I'm paying for an inspection on it on tuesday , if that comes back ok, my question is....... do you think that's a reasonable price for a cat d 313 fully spec'd with low mileage????

I've seen some hpi clear 313's for 8.5k to 9k but they are generally pretty leggy mileage wise and a million miles away from me, any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Jamie

Ask yourself the following

Do you have any doubts, big or small, niggeling at the back of your head?

Anything that's setting off your spider sense?

Does the seller seem a little bit too keen to sell?

Have repairs been carried out to a satisfactory standard?

Is the chassis straight?

Personally, if it feels funky, dance away from it

Ask yourself the following

Do you have any doubts, big or small, niggeling at the back of your head?

Anything that's setting off your spider sense?

Does the seller seem a little bit too keen to sell?

Have repairs been carried out to a satisfactory standard?

Is the chassis straight?

Personally, if it feels funky, dance away from it

+1 could have said it better.

I would suggest a full engineers report.

Yep it may be expensive but not as expensive if you put your foot on the brakes and end up doing a Fredy Flinstone lol.

Also check with the insurance to see what they will charge for the D and if its registered even?

It should come back on an HPI check I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
:welcome: I'd like to know just how thorough this inspection is going to be,. You really need to know what has gone on behind that pre-facelift bumper which immediately rings alarm bells. Why would the guy put on an old bumper? It doesn't make sense, It may look 'straight' superficially but to be honest like the majority of members on here i really would be tempted to walk. Save your money and buy something honest, it may be a little older, but at least you know what you're getting.