This Country is a Joke!!

stuarty

Wow this thread has more racial stereotypes than an episode of Eastenders :surrender:

Agree on the spongers getting whatever they want, my son is 23 never been out of work, lives on his own but has been ill and struggling to pay his rent, if he was on benefits he would get everything paid for no problem...

Wow this thread has more racial stereotypes than an episode of Eastenders :surrender:

Agree on the spongers getting whatever they want, my son is 23 never been out of work, lives on his own but has been ill and struggling to pay his rent, if he was on benefits he would get everything paid for no problem...

This country needs more folk like your son. My son left School at 17 and went straight to Uni, he has worked 2 part time jobs, as life guard and as a hospital operating theatre assistant since he was 17. He also volunteers in a local primary school every week when he's got a half day at Uni. He trains every night mon-fri at TKD and football and plays at a high level. I'm not looking forward to him finishing uni in may as there's simply no jobs for PE teachers just now. His Pal on the other hand left School at 16 and as never had a job and he is 21.

I'm not looking forward to him finishing uni in may as there's simply no jobs for PE teachers just now. His Pal on the other hand left School at 16 and as never had a job and he is 21.

he may have to look in england for a teaching job, but even then its small picking at the moment in certain subjects. what i would reccomend is for him to look at a 2nd subject. alot of schools are desperate for maths teachers and often offer pe jobs that are mainly maths with a bit of PE. if he's willing to teach something else, especially if he has a little background in that area might give him a boost in employment credentials. drop me a line if you like, been teaching for 9 years now, am also a trainee teaching mentor; happy to offer advice,

Stuarty said

"I'm not looking forward to him finishing uni in may as there's simply no jobs for PE teachers just now."

Have you thought instead about steering him towards a Trade, maybe Joinery, they seem to earn good money in your area.

:p

• Like 4

Stuarty said

"I'm not looking forward to him finishing uni in may as there's simply no jobs for PE teachers just now."

Have you thought instead about steering him towards a Trade, maybe Joinery, they seem to earn good money in your area.

:p

Lol, no mate, he's too honest for that. He would only make £150 a day!

I'm not looking forward to him finishing uni in may as there's simply no jobs for PE teachers just now. His Pal on the other hand left School at 16 and as never had a job and he is 21.

he may have to look in england for a teaching job, but even then its small picking at the moment in certain subjects. what i would reccomend is for him to look at a 2nd subject. alot of schools are desperate for maths teachers and often offer pe jobs that are mainly maths with a bit of PE. if he's willing to teach something else, especially if he has a little background in that area might give him a boost in employment credentials. drop me a line if you like, been teaching for 9 years now, am also a trainee teaching mentor; happy to offer advice,

Thanks for the advice. I tried to talk him into primary education as he has acquired around 200 hours of voluntary work in the last 4 years working with active school's coordinators. One of the head teachers also suggested it to him.

Edited by stuarty

Cool, I'm in Wishaw.

What colour n' kinda Z you drive Stuarty?... I'm always kickin' about there or going through anyway :lol: Need to keep an eye out

Sorry dude, traded my Zed in. It was a gunmetal GT with tan leather. I've now got a Beemer.

Here's my new car, if you see me in it you can give me a wave!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64893-my-new-car/

Edited by stuarty

Feck me! Just had a dude come to my door to inform me about the new Government energy scheme.

I said "what's that"?. Guy said " it's a new scheme where the government pay to have your boiler replaced if you own your own home and your boiler is over 5 years old". I said " sign me up pal" guy said "what benefits are your family on"? me "none, we all work". Guy "sorry tough luck, you don't qualify" me "feck off out my gate"!

Honestly what incentive does folk have to work in this country, I don't mind folk getting help, but that's ripping the pish!

The only folk who I think should get this kind of help are Pensioners!

:lol: I discovered this a couple of years back. I had just forked out a small fortune to have a new boiler fitted in my house & insulate the loft etc... so im chatting to a mate and he tells me he`s just had the same done + cavity wall insultation + new radiators all for free. Turns out because his missus is claiming some sort of incapacity benefit the government give them a grant to upto a certain value to improve their living conditions! So he had all this stuff fitted for free. To cap it off, he said he still had about a £1000 of the grant left and wasnt sure what else to spend it on!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I tried to talk him into primary education as he has acquired around 200 hours of voluntary work in the last 4 years working with active school's coordinators. One of the head teachers also suggested it to him.

primary is a good route if you're a male teacher, there is such a shortage in KS2 that; although there are lots of people applying for jobs, most are women, and so for once, men tend to get the priority and snapped up as they are so needed in that age group. my wife teaches KS1 and she loves it, but in her school there are no male role models, and the kids really benefit from it.

the only problem is you have to enjoy teaching that age group. i prefer teaching older kids. the older they get, the more i enjoy teaching them. i find the younger kids tiresome, demanding and a bit wet.

• Like 1