K1 exhaust with butterfly valve + y pipe

ph 7

I just find it odd that it was only on the car for 40 miles

If you heard how loud they are then you`d know. I had mine on for 20k miles and am now half deaf.

Not sure why he`d stick a butterfly valve in, as surely if it restricts the flow it would affect performance, and also if its only on one silencer surely having all the gases only go through 1 silencer rather than 2 would make it louder?

Had to smile at his modifications to get it to fit... I had to do similar to mine.

I just find it odd that it was only on the car for 40 miles

If you heard how loud they are then you`d know. I had mine on for 20k miles and am now half deaf.

Not sure why he`d stick a butterfly valve in, as surely if it restricts the flow it would affect performance, and also if its only on one silencer surely having all the gases only go through 1 silencer rather than 2 would make it louder?

Had to smile at his modifications to get it to fit... I had to do similar to mine.

I thought it would make it louder too as single exit exhaust tend to be loud as fluc. My k1 lasted 6 weeks before snapping in half! Also flattening the pipe will take away power too

Also flattening the pipe will take away power too

With the K1s they tend to catch on the cross member in the middle of the car. You can stick some washers under the cross member bolts, or just a slight tap with a hammer on the exhaust pipe fixes it. Like you say, if you get carried away and flatten the whole pipe then you`ll have performance issues.