Please help - Flat Battery - lights stuck on!

marzman

Hi guys,

So my Zed is declared SORN and im not going to be driving it for at least another month. The battery is flat (as it is every winter - its fine in summer when in use).

However i needed my wheel brace out of the boot this morning so i unlocked it and opened the door... and then i could hear a relay clicking constantly under the bonnet, and the lights trying their best to flash!

The clicking stopped after about 10 mins, but now my front and rear lights are stuck on permanently!

I've got no problem leaving them on and letting them drain the battery, but was wondering if this is something more sinister, such as the BCM being on its way out?

Any thoughts guys?

Mine is locked and under cover in the garage with its battery been tickled. You really should invest in a battery conditioner Chris, quite surprised you leave the battery left in this condition!

I would be disconnecting the battery asap and recharging it. Then see how it is later. ;)

But lights staying on does not sound good to me :surrender:

Mine is locked and under cover in the garage with its battery been tickled. You really should invest in a battery conditioner Chris, quite surprised you leave the battery left in this condition!

I would be disconnecting the battery asap and recharging it. Then see how it is later. ;)

But lights staying on does not sound good to me :surrender:

Its only this last 2 weeks that its gone flat. I was starting it every 3 days up until last week when it didnt start.

Might nip out this afternoon and get a charger.