EML Light plus esp light

wizurd

Hi,

Just had this happen to me when accelarating along the dual carriage way near my works.

Accelerated probably medium effort in second then car judders and engine cuts to much lower revs. Can't get her to accelerate much in any gear plus on the dashboard the EML is one plus the ESP Light and then also a light that looks like a car with skid marks underneath it.

Managed to nurse her back to work. Engine off - back on and now just the EML is on.

Haven't driven her again yet though. Got a 12 mile journey to get home so don't know whether to try it or not. She sounds fine when i restarted her and rev'd her up a bit, there was no extra rattles that i could hear when getting her back to work plus clutch and gearbox felt fine.

I'm going to find the pedal dance thing on here so i can get the code for the error but just wondered what people thought it might be initially?

I'd not run her for about a week and a half but have been using her for 3 days now without issue.

Cheers

Dan

my first thought. I checked the tyres visually and they look fine. only checked the pressures two days ago and they were spot on. plus once I turned the ignition off and back on its just the eml light that's on. still need to drive her to see if the other lights come on though and if the power is still down. O and she's running 19s and has been for a while so it's not the wheel and tyres sizes.

not had chance yet. It's wierd seen two other posts now for emls must be something in the air! lol. I'll do the pedal dance in the morning before work and post up the code. fingers crossed once I've got it then reset it it'll be nothing major.

not had chance yet. It's wierd seen two other posts now for emls must be something in the air! lol. I'll do the pedal dance in the morning before work and post up the code. fingers crossed once I've got it then reset it it'll be nothing major.

Use a stopwatch if you need to help you and video the code. Its alot easier that way.

ok done the pedal dance. good fun lol. I get two slow flashes - gap - one flash - gap - three fast flashes - gap - five fast flashes then repeats. according to codes I've seen that's a throttle position sensor. just wanted to check if people agree. cleared the code and so far it's not come back seems ok. but I reckon I'll need to check prices for one of these. They hard to replace?

also just wondering worth doing the other pedal tricks to reset the accelerator, throttle position settings? bit confused on the one reset I think for the throttle position since it says about making sure the throttle position changes during the one 10 second gap but does that mean pushing the accelerator pedal?