BMW security issue's!

stuarty

Spoke to the BMW genius at my dealership today about the connected drive/assist today. I agreed that it's an awesome bit of technology. But he then told me about possible security issue's with it.

There's a feature on the satnav that allows you to imput your home address and another that saves your phone numberes. Anyway valet drivers in the US have been using these features to drive to customers home's, phone there home numbers and if know one else is at home they can simple break in!

Spoke to the BMW genius at my dealership today about the connected drive/assist today. I agreed that it's an awesome bit of technology. But he then told me about possible security issue's with it.

There's a feature on the satnav that allows you to imput your home address and another that saves your phone numberes. Anyway valet drivers in the US have been using these features to drive to customers home's, phone there home numbers and if know one else is at home they can simple break in!

yes that and they can steal your car with the obd hack or something.

Spoke to the guy about that too. He said my car and all new BMW's dont have that issue anymore and there was a recal done for all the cars that it effected.

Spoke to the guy about that too. He said my car and all new BMW's dont have that issue anymore and there was a recal done for all the cars that it effected.

Dont worry. I'm sure the 320i badge would put most people off anyway :lol: Takes the joy out of joy ride :p :p

I'm joking, kinda :teeth:

• Like 1

Dont worry. I'm sure the 320i badge would put most people off anyway :lol: Takes the joy out of joy ride :p :p

I'm joking, kinda :teeth:

Decal deletion!