Where have all the free web hosting sites gone???

gangzoom

I remember back in the 2005 there use to be load of free web hosting sites that offered FTP access (geocitiy, tripod etc). I'm the middle of producing some web based stuff for a small project for work, and just wanted to try it out on the real web and am really struggling to find any free hosting sites that allow FTP access :surrender:

Google/MoonFruit and some others offer free "web pages" but you have to produce the content in their bespoke environment and as far as I can tell there is no way to get FTP access to upload your own pages....anyone got any suggestions :wacko:

Edited by gangzoom

Mate, you can get a UK based server for like £20 for a year! Some are less, I understand you only need it for testing but still...

But what you are trying to do, there are other ways to preview in live mode, depending on the code you are trying to preview?

What is it you are developing?

Edited by Dave-350
  • Like 1

Serversfree , I have used their services for several websites. Completely free and with FTP/SQL access. You name it and it is there, with 10gb of storage. Either point your domain at their system or have a domain from them. Perfect for testing. . Amazing site really

• Like 1

Serversfree , I have used their services for several websites. Completely free and with FTP/SQL access. You name it and it is there, with 10gb of storage. Either point your domain at their system or have a domain from them. Perfect for testing. . Amazing site really

All setup and working, thanks for the info :thumbs: