rear tyre inside heat

Seabee

OK guys so I know the 350z sits slightly on the inside of its rear camber but I was having a bit of fun with a BMW on the way to work today on the motorway and noticed a rubbery smell so I pulled over to find my rears smelt a and felt a bit hot is this normal?

Tyres or brakes? I think you'll find it's the brakes, and this could indicate a sticky caliper.

Tyres always feel warm after use, but check the treadwear on them. If it's fine, then don't worry about it. If one looks a bit worn on one edge then you need an alignment.

Well I just had some conti's put on the rear and I asked the guy did he notice anything with how wore and he said it was fine it was worn a bit on the inside but that's normal. The inside deffinetly felt quite hot on the tyre compared to the rest hmmmm lol then a again a car did pull out and I did have to brake quite hard but I drove for a few miles after that.

But on a straight road? Lol

Alignment then for sure :lol:

Go for proper laser job might cost you £100 but well worth it given the price of decent rubber :thumbs:

Than surely I'm doing it too cheap as alignment is free with P3 services otherwise only £45 inc. VAT at my garage (plus I have a much better machine than a laser one B) ) ;)

The first thing I'd check would be the tyre pressures. They shouldn't get hot enough to smell if they are set to the correct pressure which is 35 when cold, smelly tyres are usually a sign that the pressure has dropped and they are overheating, maybe catastrophically.

Pete

Go for proper laser job might cost you £100 but well worth it given the price of decent rubber :thumbs:

Than surely I'm doing it too cheap as alignment is free with P3 services otherwise only £45 inc. VAT at my garage (plus I have a much better machine than a laser one B) ) ;)

Iv'e seen that machine :cloud9:

I think I should get mine checked now I have new rubber shouldn 't I....

• Like 1

Iv'e seen that machine :cloud9:

I think I should get mine checked now I have new rubber shouldn 't I....

I thought we checked your last time :unsure: if not, just pop in anytime, I'm sure we can do a very good deal for you ;)

thanks for the responses guys, I havn't noticed it since but I have yet to drive it hard I guess I'll see how it goes & drive it a bit hard tommorow and post an update, and regards to the tracking I had it done last year but it took 3 garages to get it right! its something i'd prefer to avoid after the hassle last time, I might even make the trip to you kaizer if you can promise to make it stress free! haha

thanks for the responses guys, I havn't noticed it since but I have yet to drive it hard I guess I'll see how it goes & drive it a bit hard tommorow and post an update, and regards to the tracking I had it done last year but it took 3 garages to get it right! its something i'd prefer to avoid after the hassle last time, I might even make the trip to you kaizer if you can promise to make it stress free! haha

What problems did you have? Are you lowered?

I'm sure I only need one attempt to get it right :) (Don't really see why did it take 3 garages to adjust a simple car like the 350Z ?)

Haha well nor am I the first one was saying something is bent on the o/s the second one said it something not right on the n/s and the last one just took ages but said he managed to get it in, apparently the toe effects the camber and the camber affects the toe. Tbh it cost me about £150 plus running around 3 different places. My car was a prev cat D but it was front end plus the first two couldn't tell me what was bent if I knew I wouldn't mind spending the money to replace it lol

Yes Camber and Toe are affecting each-other. If it was a Cat D than yes there is a chance of having a parts bent/damaged causing the Camber to be out of spec. this can be find out by measuring of reference points on the chassis. If this is the case than depending on the parts it can be replaced or other parts (like Control Arm Upper-Inner Eccentric Kit) can be fitted to correct the values.