Garage Door Paint

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Looking for some recommendations for value garage door paint - metallic doors. Have about 4 to do ( a scheme with neighbours) and don't really want to go to the expense of Hammerite - which I know is the stuff to use, really. Probably need about 2x5l tins.

Any suggestions/retail outlets which supply it. Cream colour rather than white probably

the silly chavs my down the street will do you a good graffiti style painting for nothing. All you have to do is bring it down here, attach to a wall and wait a few days for the little buggers to coat it in some shite they call a tag.

Either that or Wickes does some

wouldn't normal metal paint do?

I just did my metal gates last weekend (managed to get sunbrunt in the process :sun: ) and got the stuff, which you can use directly on rust, from Aldi, cheap as chips IIRC £3 for 2 tubs of 1kg each. Got lots left too, I'm sure one would be enough for my garage door.

Was a one off offer though, one of those weekly ones they do

You pop into Aldi once a week and have the cheek to criticise cheap wheels - you pikey. :p

B&Q paint usually does what it says on the tin, so if they stock the right colour, that is perhaps your best budget option compared to Hamerite.

all about priorities mate.... saving on least important stuff like.... PAINT :wacko: enables me to spend money where it counts, like PROPER wheels :pB)

PS the LIDL and ALDI bi-weekly emails are great! :yahoo: lots of bargains to be had. Tools so cheap you wouldn't believe :p got my air compressor for £70 3 yr warranty :p

Guest prescience

Thanks for the responses :teeth: I did check out B&Qpaint but similar to Hammerite, the range of colours is very limited :thumbdown:

Decided to go with an alternative of a metal primer and then 2 coats of Weathershield gloss - which has a much better colour choice :thumbs: