mmm Holiday damage to my Z...

Kennydies

Decided it was a nice weekend to go and see the family in Cornwall over Easter. Sunday was a lovely day so had a trip over to Newquay and parked in a pay car park there...

Came back at 4pm tried to reverse out of the space and the car wouldn't budge and the rear wheels were spinning....

Turns out the car had rolled forward a bit and the front lip had bitted into the grass verge...

3 people lifted the front while I reversed and it finally came off.

Checked the car and there are several white scratches on the carbon fibre cover below the grill and black lip under the car running the whole length is bent...

The carbon fibre lip, how is it attached? Is it easy to touch up the scratch or just buy a new one?

The black lip under the front I think it is just screwed on under the car. If I take it off and see it is damaged beyond repair how much is that?

Thanks...

that black lip thing is part of the aerodynamic package we have on UK Zeds, quite expensive to get it from a dealer IIRC £100 ish + ! :scare:

The carbon fibre "lip" is it the ofifial lip that goes on top of the oem bumper? if so I think it's just stuck on. Warm it up with a haidryer and should come off easily.

The carbon fibre lip, how is it attached? Is it easy to touch up the scratch or just buy a new one?

Adhesive strips, mate. Try Beavis, I think he wants to offload his.

PM Beavis or if not I know someone with a brand new boxed one for £70 (may take less). :thumbs:

The black skirt underneath the bumper do sometimes appear on ebay for around £60. Seem to remember they are a bit more than Val quoted and near £140 from nissan.

I have a spare one which is scuffed but not to bad and hardly noticeable if yours is split or unrepairable. I swapped mine for a new one purchased of ebay. I can take some photo's of it if your interested in making a offer.

It's fixed with about six little bolts/clips. The undertray also clips into to it so slightly fiddly to put back on again but very do-able.

The black skirt underneath the bumper do sometimes appear on ebay for around £60. Seem to remember they are a bit more than Val quoted and near £140 from nissan.

I have a spare one which is scuffed but not to bad and hardly noticeable if yours is split or unrepairable. I swapped mine for a new one purchased of ebay. I can take some photo's of it if your interested in making a offer.

It's fixed with about six little bolts/clips. The undertray also clips into to it so slightly fiddly to put back on again but very do-able.

Excellent cheers. Am off to Denmark for a few days tomorrow (anyone know any good bars?) so will check next weekend.

It looks as though it is just bent around the divers side clip. Wont know until I get it off

Wouldn't worry about it mate, I doubt it makes any difference at all. Mine is still sat in the boot of the car as its never been fitted (although I'll get round to doing it at some point) for those prices I'd just leave it off.

PM Beavis or if not I know someone with a brand new boxed one for £70 (may take less). :thumbs:

Thanks Digsy!But i will take it to wales first to see if anyone wants it :thumbs:

Thanks Digsy! I will take £60 for mine, its brand new and boxed. Got it for mine but i dont think it works on the Ultra Yellow :)

Thought you were bringing that to Wales?

Thought you were bringing that to Wales?

I will Jacko, he will have to do a bid by phone :thumbs:

To be fair though Beavis, I didn't want it to sound like I was hijacking..... be nicer to offer first to a man in trouble! :thumbs:

(but if he's not interested, then I'd like to have a look anyway)

To be fair though Beavis, I didn't want it to sound like I was hijacking..... be nicer to offer first to a man in trouble! :thumbs:

Ok Jacko it will be up for grabs in Wales :thumbs:

So does Kenny not want it?

So does Kenny not want it?

:wacko:

I think Jacko's kindly offering Kenny first dibs.

;)

Whoever doesn't get Beavis's I can put in contact with my guy who'll probably match the price or a few pennies more.

;)

Whoever doesn't get Beavis's I can put in contact with my guy who'll probably match the price or a few pennies more.

Yes Digs.....

I was basically saying that it would be nice to ask Kenny direct whether he wants to buy it first before selling it if he has had trouble with his etc?

I'd be interested to see it etc, but I wouldn't want to be seen to try to hijack etc....... mind you, I think I've spent enough on the car this month! :blush:;)

;)

Yes Digs.....

I was basically saying that it would be nice to ask Kenny direct whether he wants to buy it first before selling it if he has had trouble with his etc?

I'd be interested to see it etc, but I wouldn't want to be seen to try to hijack etc....... mind you, I think I've spent enough on the car this month! :blush:;)

I may get round to putting mine on before Sunday. :teeth:

;)

Yes Digs.....

Dont worry Jacko this is my mistake i will tell Kenny that it is up for grabs first in Wales if no one wants it then fine i will be open to other offers. I said it was going to be offered in Wales ....so be it. :thumbs:

Cheers guys,

It is ok, I have touched it up and polished it out, doesnt look too bad now. Only noticed if pointed out.

The z handbrake really Pisses me off though. If it were not for the kind people who helped dont know how i would have got off the verge.

Cheers guys,

It is ok, I have touched it up and polished it out, doesnt look too bad now. Only noticed if pointed out.

The z handbrake really Pisses me off though. If it were not for the kind people who helped dont know how i would have got off the verge.

Yeah tis a common gripe on the Zed. But I always leave cars in gear as well anyway!...... :blush: