Back from NY with a bit of bad news

sl114

Hello all I am back from lovely New York and it looks like I have over 200 posts to catch up on, oh what fun.

It was great to meet Val on the weekend at Donny and also his Mrs.

There has been a lot going on while I have been away and I wont go into details however it looks like I am going to be selling the car very soon so that I can afford to get my own place. It’s a decision I do not want to make, however my daughter must come first and in order for me to see her properly, I need my own house and she takes priority over everything and everyone.

Therefore the car will be going up for sale very soon so if anyone has any ideas on what I can post it up for etc I would love your input. It’s a 54 plate standard 350z, 15k miles and in great condition. There are a few scuff marks on the alloys but they can be touched up easily.

However do not worry, I will still be around as I have plans for a new (well second hand) 350z when I have settled in the new place and I will let you all know the plans when it’s finalised (yes I have a shopping list put together already).

Anyway any help will be great and send me luck in trawling through 200 plus posts later today 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Not sure whether this is sorry or what ...... a house is always a good option :D

If it's a non-GT it seems about the same spec, mileage as mine and back in September I reckoned I'd get just over 17k for it. presume you plan to sell and mods separately?

[if it's a GT add about £1500]

Its not sorry, but it is at the same time, i will be losing the car, but gaining time with my daughter so that to me is much much more valuable.

I dont really have any mods on the car at present, so will just sell it like it is.

Hi mate glad to have ya back how was New York wheres me Tag Watch??? :bleh:;)

Totally understand what you are going through and think you have your priorities in good order... If you ever get the urge to drive one after you sold yours give us a bell you can take mine out :thumbs:

(of course I will cover my car in pillows and crash proof panels) ;):lol:

:cry:

Its for the right reasons though :thumbs:

Can't you rent somewhere closer to your daughter instead of buying? :blush:

At the end of the day bud, its only a car :D

PS: If you need a mortgage i'm your man ;)

Thanks buddy, i cannot rent as i really need to get onto the property ladder now before the big booms on the horizon. I will be buying close to my daughter anyway as there are a lot of new builds there that are for sale and some nearly finished.

I may give you a bell about a mortgage mate if thats ok?

Bad news mate, but priorities must come first.....

So you still coming to Wales for a last hurrah blast then? Read your PMs! :thumbs:

Haha, i wish i could but i have to sort out access and everything this weekend. Its a long story which i dont want to go into, but its something i need to sort out once and for all.

I am going with another site to the Buttertubs pass the weekend after so that will be the last proper run in the 350.

Bad news mate, but priorities must come first.....

So you still coming to Wales for a last hurrah blast then? Read your PMs! :thumbs:

Haha, i wish i could but i have to sort out access and everything this weekend. Its a long story which i dont want to go into, but its something i need to sort out once and for all.

I am going with another site to the Buttertubs pass the weekend after so that will be the last proper run in the 350.

Ok mate, well as you say its things you need to do. You don't need to go into details anyway. Shame that you'll miss though, but there will be others.

I'll take you off the list :blush:

Sorry to hear you couldn't achieve what you want to do without selling the car but you've obviously got your priorities sorted and more time with your little 'un can only be a good thing. :thumbs:

What you doing with the wing then?

Sorry to hear you couldn't achieve what you want to do without selling the car but you've obviously got your priorities sorted and more time with your little 'un can only be a good thing. :thumbs:

What you doing with the wing then?

The wing went back due to quality issues, Jeffery has sorted everything out though and has been really good in arranging my refund.

I could get the house and keep the car, but it would be a struggle and i would rather not struggle and have the place and revisit the car situation when things are settled than shoot my self in the foot from the beginning

You must be the only financially sensible person I know of.

Everybody I know is extend beyond their means. Mortgage repayments on a house/apartment they can barely make, personal loan to pay deposit for same, car loan (instead of personal loan) they should never of got to pay for a car they cant afford to run and don’t get me started on credit cards they cant pay off each month. Most of them end up selling the car within a year.

Having your priorities in order makes everything easier in the long run and you’ll have a Z on the drive again before you know it.

Guy

Guest prescience

Everybody I know is extend beyond their means. Mortgage repayments on a house/apartment they can barely make, personal loan to pay deposit for same, car loan (instead of personal loan) they should never of got to pay for a car they cant afford to run and don’t get me started on credit cards they cant pay off each month. Most of them end up selling the car within a year.

Having your priorities in order makes everything easier in the long run and you’ll have a Z on the drive again before you know it.

Guy

Putting yourself in hock over a house is one thing, over a car its madness :scare:

Guy

Putting yourself in hock over a house is one thing, over a car its madness :scare:

Yeah but you could be dead next week :dry:

Guy

Thanks buddy, the last thing is having all the debt that i cant keep ontop of, hence i dont use my credit cards and worked out that i can pay the loan off on the car as soon as it is sold, leaving me in pocket for a deposit and money to cover fees etc...

Guest prescience

Guy

Yeah but you could be dead next week :dry:

I know people run their lives on that basis and the 'coffins don't have pockets etc' mentality - you can justify anything with that argument :dry:

Guest prescience

I know people run their lives on that basis and the 'coffins don't have pockets etc' mentality - you can justify anything with that argument :dry:

Technically thats incorrect - what if your buried in trousers :p

I can usually have a guess at someone's response to one of my provocative posts - but not this time :lol: :lol: nice one B)

I can usually have a guess at someone's response to one of my provocative posts - but not this time :lol: :lol: nice one B)

You know me Dorian :)

I read your posts an wonder whether your trying to be challenging or provoking an will rise to either :p

Guest prescience

I read your posts an wonder whether your trying to be challenging or provoking an will rise to either :p

It would be a bloody boring world if on a forum, down the pub or in the workplace you always said what you thought was the right thing to say.

Still think Louis is doing the right thing give the options; as Tim says, family first every time :thumbs:

It would be a bloody boring world if on a forum, down the pub or in the workplace you always said what you thought was the right thing to say.

Still think Louis is doing the right thing give the options; as Tim says, family first every time :thumbs:

My point exactly mate - strange how you now come round to my way of thinkin ;)