We have an emergency Christmas is on hold!!

Beavis

That's nothing Dave....my kitchen ceiling partly collapsed 2 days ago due to a leaking roof!

Not good Al, hope you get it sorted. :)

Don't forget to protect your white goods in the garage - you know how easily they can get damaged

Shut it old man :lol:

:lol: That's you told!!

Ours isn't as bad as it could have been. Luckily we were in, so heard the initial drips onto the kitchen floor.

7CEAA565-E9E3-4B5F-A43F-E312EE8F31BD-21638-00001E8765D37C5A.jpg

Did have to take up floor in the nursery, then spend a day on the utility roof reprinting the gable end. Just what you want to be doing a few days before Xmas!

Ours isn't as bad as it could have been. Luckily we were in, so heard the initial drips onto the kitchen floor.

7CEAA565-E9E3-4B5F-A43F-E312EE8F31BD-21638-00001E8765D37C5A.jpg

Did have to take up floor in the nursery, then spend a day on the utility roof reprinting the gable end. Just what you want to be doing a few days before Xmas!

Think on the bright side Al.

Claim on the house insurance for a new ceiling,plastering and decorating and it gets rid of the artex at the same time. = Win Win

That is probably the lowest spot so that's where it comes through.

Your problem now will be that you have stood on the gravel that dissipates the heat and there will possibly be more damage to the felt.

Get it fibreglassed in the spring and be done with it.

http://www.ecfibregl...rp-roofing.aspx

I would take a closer look behind that gutter for starters

I did wonder about that Hugh, and i have felt behind the gutter but it feels dry!

Yes will get it re-roofed in the spring so just want a temp repair now.

I did wonder about that Hugh, and i have felt behind the gutter but it feels dry!

It looks like a bit of a Clapham Junction of upstands, ridges and valleys ... the water could be getting under the felt from anywhere TBH ... also the right hand section of tiled roof appears to be very low pitch in the last photo resulting in water being blown under the tiles

It looks like a bit of a Clapham Junction of upstands, ridges and valleys ... the water could be getting under the felt from anywhere TBH ... also the right hand section of tiled roof appears to be very low pitch in the last photo resulting in water being blown under the tiles

Agree completely with this. From the photo, there are a few bits that need looking at. The problem with these sort of leaks is that where it appears on the inside is not necessarily where it's coming in on the outside. Not too far from you so if you are still struggling PM me and I'll come and have a look for you. Cost you a coffee and a hob nob.