How many...

Squee

I keep coming back but it still doesn't make any sense ... and I understand the NRA bit

The NRAs answer for everything is more guns.

Their response to last weeks massacre was to state schools should have armed 'good guys' in schools to fight off the armed bad guys.

thing is Canada has just as many guns and a fraction of the gun crime deaths that America has. the issue is that place is full of wack job retards. you see some of the crap they come up with; its scary.

The Canadians were (and still are) more fussy about who they took in when the great wave of European migration took place.

Your right but when guns are sold like sweets its alot eaiser to kill people. Imagine them riots in london if everyone had guns :scare:

Yeah, kinda weird walking into a Wal-Mart and seeing guns on display. Gun control in America is a joke, sure, in some States they check if you have a criminal record, so you just get your neighbour/friend/brother to get a gun for you. The figures speak for themselves though, 30,000 gun deaths per year in The U.S, 60 to 80 in The U.K. 30,000 deaths is like having a 9/11 terrorist attack every month or a Jumbo Jet crash every week.

I have to say though that I lost a lot of sympathy with the people of that town when they all rushed out like lemmings to buy guns even before the poor children were buried.

Pete

ever since the days of the wild west, they've felt it their right to carry weapons. so much so they wrote it into their constitution.

every man has the right to bear arms; or the right to arm bears. although who'd want to give a grizzly a rifle i'll never know.

also why do people need armour piercing rounds. how many deer do you see wearing a bullet proof vest?

Sorry if I lost you on that one Attack!

Just thought I'd better add that this wasn't meant to be a joke about the Newtown shootings...just a pop (oops!) at the NRA. Sorry if I caused any offence.

S.

no offence Squee ... just thought I'd break the ice a bit

ever since the days of the wild west, they've felt it their right to carry weapons. so much so they wrote it into their constitution.

every man has the right to bear arms; or the right to arm bears. although who'd want to give a grizzly a rifle i'll never know.

also why do people need armour piercing rounds. how many deer do you see wearing a bullet proof vest?

Its just their attitude of bigger is better etc etc but its all bravado nonsense.

It's a shame as anyone can get a gun and commit mass murder, I'm not saying it cant and doesnt happen else where but its just more likely in the US.

you'd think it would be enough for them to look at some gun law changes. but I have a feeling that unless the presidents daughter is gunned down that will never happen

But its constitutional as you have said plus people say they need them for self defence AND against their government. “It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.†thats what they say.

Edited by Dblock