Nismo clutch - flywheel problem

steve783

I just did a complete Nismo, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate change. Also oem collar bearing and master slave cylinder change. Car wil not go into gear now while engine is running!. With engine shutoff i can freely change gears, but as soon as engine is running i literallt have to force gear into 1st (and other gears). Bleeded line numerous times, adjusted master cylinder, still no result. Looks like clutch is not disengaging properly??

Need help please...... done everything i can think of.

DIY or professional install ?

VQ35DE or HR model ?

350 or 370 ?

Have you installed the correct clutch kit ?

Have you installed the correct release bearing ?

How does the pedal feel ?

Do you have excess free play at the pedal ?

Is the pedal fully returning ?

Have you got all the air out the clutch hydraulic system ?

If DE is the clutch fork and pivot ball servicable ?

Alex.

• Like 1

Hi, its a 2003 VQ DE, with professional help installed. Complete Nismo kit, for VQ 35DE, so correct kit.

Car drives fine when in gear and rolling. Only in indle (when stopped) i literally need to force it in gear. Release bearing, master and slave clutch have all been replaced with OEM parts.

Hi, its a 2003 VQ DE, with professional help installed. Complete Nismo kit, for VQ 35DE, so correct kit.

Car drives fine when in gear and rolling. Only in indle (when stopped) i literally need to force it in gear. Release bearing, master and slave clutch have all been replaced with OEM parts.

If you could answer all of my questions then I would be in a better position to give you an informed fix however if all parts are correct and they have been fitted correctly then I would guess that you still have air in the system.

Alex.

Edited by ZMANALEX

That is the single plate set up, however as I said previously, Nismo do not manufacture there own clutch kits, so it will probably be an Exedy or Valeo brand.

Did you not notice the branding stamped on the components when you were comparing new with old?

However getting back to your original issue:

Providing the correct parts have been fitted and fitted correctly, then I can only assume that there is air still in the system, however if the pedal returns fully and there is no free play and the pedal is not "spongy" then that is strange providing you have the master cyl. push rod adjusted correctly.

Alex. :)