When do you finish work for Christmas?

glrnet

I work 24/7 365 days a year :(

Hopefully all my customers change freezes will mean no work for me though so i can get......... :yahoo:

Bloody hell what is it you do mate? I am off from Friday until the 3rd of Jan

Work as a Support Account Manager for a software company, so basically look after the support relationship to an assigned amount of accounts.

So if there is a hot issue during the middle of the night i am phoned....not fun! You can take time back during the normal working week if you are quiet so its not the end of the world.

You lucky gits.....doing a 24hr shift Xmas day, infact to work the last 2 Xmas as well :surrender:

Just think about the money you'll be paid and that will get you through it!

Don't get any "holiday" bonus or anything like that (I work in the NHS were the words "Bonus pay" doesn't exist in any form :lol:). I've just been unlucky with the way the shifts have been allocated...still cannot really complain, been on plenty of holidays this year and its better to have a busy job than no job (as my bosses keep on pointing out) :lol:

Edited by gangzoom

You lucky gits.....doing a 24hr shift Xmas day, infact to work the last 2 Xmas as well :surrender:

Just think about the money you'll be paid and that will get you through it!

Don't get any "holiday" bonus or anything like that (I work in the NHS were the words "Bonus pay" doesn't exist in any form :lol:). I've just been unlucky with the way the shifts have been allocated...still cannot really complain, been on plenty of holidays this year and its better to have a busy job than no job (as my bosses keep on pointing out) :lol:

You'll get double time and a day in leu! I think.

Personally I would rather have time off when I want it than be forced to have a week or worse 2 at christmas. I work all Bank Holidays and only get christmas day off but I do get over 7 weeks holiday :yahoo:

Snap. I work bank holidays but then get 8 days back for it. So along with my 6 weeks of holiday and other bits I pickup on the way, I can end up with 8 weeks off.

. Boxing Day is a normal working day :surrender:

Unless you live in Ontario :smile: .

I have to say I've worked my fair share of Christmases. The very first year I worked shifts, I was 18 at the time, I worked Christmas and Boxing Day 2-10 and New Years Eve on Nights. There were 13 of us on our shift and our supervisor allowed 4 of us off on each day. We had a draw and I was the unlucky one to miss out :surrender: . Not much fun working over Christmas especially when you have young children.

Pete