Sub enclosure ordered - best/easiest wiring option

EvansJD2112

Just ordered one of these sub enclosures from ZEnclosures

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/aqxz9.hyt6t/v/vspfiles/photos/Z110-2T.jpg?1314335199

Looking for help and advise on running power and RCA cables.

I'll probably house the amp inside the enclosure or in the storage bin behind the passenger seat.

i have an 09 GT

Power straight from the battery there is a rubber housing behind it theough to the cabin then run everything either along the passenger door trim or through the centre tunnel to the rear plenty of options. Best thing is to remove some bits of trim and have a look, basically the more you remove the easier it will be :thumbs:

Would it be better to power an amp from switched power rather than straight from battery?

There's the power outlet by the Bose sub that I was wondering how easy it was to connect to

Thanks

I pretty sure most amps only take power when they are turned on by the HU my amp/subs are they have a power on connection from the loom as long as you have a decent fuse you will be ok taking power from the battery :thumbs:

right amps have a power and a remote, the remote is what you wire up to the headunit, which only switches the amp on when the headunit is on, or you could wire into the ignition, or even put your own switch on it so you can control it. The power cable is always wired directly to the battery, however put a fuse in the line within 50cm i think it is of the battery to protect it from overheating, most people also have another fuse box if they need to split the power to multiple amps, this is done at the amp end of the cable. Do not run your rca's on the same side as power as it can cause interference in the line. For the earth find a bolt within a short distance of the amp that goes into the body of the car remove the the paint from around the hole then using a ring terminal on the cable thread the bolt through the terminal and fit back into the body of the car.

oh and dont put the amp in the sub box

Edited by rodgeevans