just saw The Hobbit at the cinema...

The Bounty Bar Kid

And to be honest, the Cinema is a right rip off, would rather buy 4 Blu-rays :stir:

I will bring the popcorn :snog:

:yahoo:

We watching Brokeback Mountain then camping in your back yard again.....

Shhhhhh dont tell everyone, they will all want to join in B)

Just saw this and saw it in HFR 3D. HFR stands for High Frame Rate. Basically normal films in the cinema run at 24frames per second. This ran at 48fps. Hated it. Ruined film partially.

My advice, don't watch it in this if given the chance!

I thought the higher frame rate would make it less jerky and better?

Agreed I watched Avatar in 3d and loved in. I watched another film the immortals I think? 3d wasnt great although I saw Freida Pinto's bum in 3d :lol:

Anyway, I hate the cinema, full of other people :dry:

Always welcome round ours Jim - its why we have a HD projector and 75" screen :thumbs:

HFR like 3D will end up becoming defacto whether you like it or not. In principal it should make it better. What makes me laugh about gimmiks are these people that have 100+Hz screens when broadcasts are in 24Hz! :lol: With higher frame rates panning and action should be smoother and look nicer. The problem is for many years we've been used to 24 so doubling it is too much for most to take in a single jump.

Always welcome round ours Jim - its why we have a HD projector and 75" screen :thumbs:

Yes but the only copy of the film you are likely to have would be a wobby cam version filmed in 480p which would look like Lego Hobbitt :surrender:

:lol:

Not in this day and age, camcorder versions seem to be a thing of the past :lol:

Seen the film yesterday, sure it's a little slow in places,the time still flew by, very surprised how funny it was, much more light hearted than lord of the rings.

( don't kill me but i've never read any of the books :blush: )

can't wait for the next instalment now :yahoo:

I've never read them either (which is strange as I'm a sci-fi and fantasy fiction) :blush:

would it be preferable to have at least seen the lord of the rings trilogy films first - I don't know which order this is in ?