Poor Microphone

Neil

When I'm using the hands free kit, the person I'm talking to say they cannot hear me very well. This is when I am moving. On the motorway it's impossible.

I know that technology moves on so I contacted Nissan Customer Service to ask if I could purchase a better microphone, and in short, they haven't a clue.

The kit is OEM'd by THBury but they say I have to ask Nissan.

So it looks like I need to ask the experts 😉

Has anyone fixed this issue?

Ta...

What year is your Zed? If it's an early one don't forget that this is first generation bluetooth kit so it won't be brilliant at best. It sounds like your microphone and/or noise cancelling circuitry is on the way out I'm afraid. I ditched mine and bought a new head unit with bluetooth built in and it's fine :thumbs:

What year is your Zed? If it's an early one don't forget that this is first generation bluetooth kit so it won't be brilliant at best. It sounds like your microphone and/or noise cancelling circuitry is on the way out I'm afraid. I ditched mine and bought a new head unit with bluetooth built in and it's fine :thumbs:

2006 (56 Plate). I thought about replacing it as well. Can you still use the steering wheel controls with your new head unit? I would gladly upgrade the microphone if only I knew where to buy them from...

2006 (56 Plate). I thought about replacing it as well. Can you still use the steering wheel controls with your new head unit? I would gladly upgrade the microphone if only I knew where to buy them from...

Unfortunately I don't think there is a HU that uses the OEM phone controls on the wheel just the audio controls.

Not a huge issue for the odd call now and again really :shrug: