Squealing Fanbelts

Neil

Anyone experience this?

When starting the car from cold, turning the air conditioning on, or turning full lock, the belts scream like a stuck pig. The belts are not Nissan, in fact I won them in a North Wales Meet raffle ;)

Anyone got any suggestions on how I fix this please? Is there an adjustment that can be made or do I need to purchase a new set? (in which case, are they easy to fit?).

Also one for the moderators - does the search box work on the site? I searched 'fan belt' (site remove the word 'fan' for some reason, 'fanbelt' and 'belt' which all showed 'no results'

Thanks all

Neil

I'm confused now ;) These are new belts

The Nissan 350Z supplies power to its engine accessories by using a single serpentine belt. The belt derives its name by the meandering route the belt takes through the pulley system. An auto tensioner pulley system provides constant tension to the belt. This makes it unnecessary to manually adjust the belt tension. If the belt shows signs of wear or damage, you need to replace the belt as soon as possible to avoid a breakdown.

Neil

Thanks everyone - didn't mean to open a can of worms here...

I would read the guides if I could get the search box to show results LOL.

I must be doing something wrong here? I'm using Chrome and searching for 'Manual', 'User Guide', 'Service Manual', 'User Guide' and so on and nothing comes back?

Neil

My belts started squealing when the weather turned cold.

At first just when really cold.

Then every morning.

Got the belts tightened on my 05 and all is well.

Garage said the only time consuming bit was removing and refitting the undertray.

Guess I will have to take it to a garage if it requires access from underneath then....damn.

The amount of rain we are getting I would probably drown lying down anyway 😉

Thanks everyone

Neil