wewillbuyyourcar.com - anyone used before?

Chris`I

Hey guys,

In a bid to get rid of my Leon via the easiest possible route, I stumbled across this site www.wewillbuyyourcar.com . At the Nissan stealership, they said they could give me "around £7k" but this site will offer nearer £9k.

I have read reivews from sits like autoexpress and other reivews (not trusted sites like autoexpress), and they seem to be legit, if anything offering ppl less than expected which logically is to be expected of a company like this. Apparently they will arrange a pickup and will wire the money to you via HSBC (and I am with HSBC) and will take the car once the wire is complete. Seems quite dodgy but if it works then can be an easy way for me to get rid of my car quickly and get a Zed :tumbs

Anyone used, or know someone who has used them?

I'm tempted to give HSBC a call. They are my bank and should be able to confirm if they are legally trading I guess. There were reviews that said they didnt offer much, and that they only do good offers for cars <3yrs old, which is why I seem to have gotten a good deal I guess.

I'm going to take my car to Basingstoke Nissan at the weekend and see if they agree at £7k. Parkers and Which Car both suggest £8.5-9k, so wewillbuyyourcar seem to be fair.

Back to google bashing. Going to email them and see what their response is like, and also if they are giving to give a telephone number etc. Hopefully I've been around on the net for long enough to sniff out a scam.

I would be careful. out of interest I just did a quote for my car which came out about 1500 - 2k less than it's worth and that was with me saying it was in IMMACULATE condition which no car is at 3.5 yrs old - to me immaculate means as new. I reckon they make you an offer then come round and find lots of stuff wrong with it - a stone chip probably reduces the offer by 500 quid.

Sounds dodgy to me too mate, but Im always suspect of anything and everything and Ive been wrong many times. What year is it and how many miles you done and colour?

Why not post it free on pistonheads I sold mine in 4 days after post. Dealers and online people will always offer you up to 4k less than what you could get privatly, its not their fault they got to make a living. Id sell it private mate, but carefull the more desperate you seem in selling it the less you will let it go for so you need to be patient. Keep in your mind what your lowest selling point is and dont go below that :thumbs:

There is no doubt I would get more privately the unique problem I have with private sales is I cant predict when it will go. I need to be able to cleanly cut over from my Leon to a Zed, as I need the funds from my sale for the purchase of a Zed and I cant be without a car as I work on client site. This way I can tell them when to come and get it and I can arrange to get the Zed the same day.

The site does seem legit, but I will be confirming with HSBC to make sure they are a valid trader. I do think its funny they try to reassure ppl with - "you will recieve email confirmation from HSBC" - as its so easy to spoof an email, I used to do it all the time at uni scaring ppl with emails from "admins". However, I have seen several legit places review it, autoexpress being one, and another reference from a Yorkshire paper saying it was a new startup company. I would hope my experience of the matter (IT Consultant and have an MSc in Computer Science which inc internet securities) would me I could spot a fraud.

Cheers for the advice guys. :D

There is no doubt I would get more privately the unique problem I have with private sales is I cant predict when it will go. I need to be able to cleanly cut over from my Leon to a Zed, as I need the funds from my sale for the purchase of a Zed and I cant be without a car as I work on client site. This way I can tell them when to come and get it and I can arrange to get the Zed the same day.

The site does seem legit, but I will be confirming with HSBC to make sure they are a valid trader. I do think its funny they try to reassure ppl with - "you will recieve email confirmation from HSBC" - as its so easy to spoof an email, I used to do it all the time at uni scaring ppl with emails from "admins". However, I have seen several legit places review it, autoexpress being one, and another reference from a Yorkshire paper saying it was a new startup company. I would hope my experience of the matter (IT Consultant and have an MSc in Computer Science which inc internet securities) would me I could spot a fraud.

Cheers for the advice guys. :D

Hmm tough call mate, maybe Sarnies idea of getting a cheap runaround in the mean time will be a good idea, fair enough may cost you a couple of hundred but in my opinion youll make money on the private sale to cover that plus an extra few quid to cover the loan for the car. Making your repayments far quicker than doing a straight swap with a trader.

Good thing is with a load from the bank the more you pay off the more interest decreases, wherteas loan with a dealer, the interest always stays the same no matter how much you manage to pay off.

Yeah definately worth considering too.

Just been looking on pistonheads and guess I can get about a grand more than these guys are offering. Certainly tempting to do that and get a hire car. Do hire car companies whack customers doing high mileage? I do 60 miles a day round trip to work atm you see.

Yeah definately worth considering too.

Just been looking on pistonheads and guess I can get about a grand more than these guys are offering. Certainly tempting to do that and get a hire car. Do hire car companies whack customers doing high mileage? I do 60 miles a day round trip to work atm you see.

I think that is one of the first questions they ask mate, estimated mileage