France 2013

mbs

Planning next years euro holiday in the 370, so far it's Hull to Zeebrugge via the ferry and the first stop in Rheims. Jane want's to tour the Loire valley this year, anyone been and can suggest a good town as a base and any suggested hotels would be good.

thanks

I lived in France for two years. I proposed to my wife when we visited the Loire valley. We were staying here...cannot recommend it enough to stay in for a night, very small town closeby called Usseau but stunning roads around it for driving and scenery. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1842188-d729445-Reviews-Chateau_de_la_Motte-Usseau_Vienne_Poitou_Charentes.html - it is utterly stunning place to stay, think we paid about 85 euros a night for the Knights room which is the big one in the turret. Lovely owners who used to run a top class restaurant in Canada, so make sure if you go to ask them if you can eat with them in the evening.