Milage - What would you do?

Aliensurfer

drive the zed - 'tis what it was made for :shrug:

My thoughts exactly, If I couldn't afford to drive it everywhere I would sell up tomorrow...

Personally I can't see why people wrap their Zed up over the winter, it is fantastic driving in cold conditions, as the car is NA it breathes so much better on a winters day and you learn a lot more about the handling of the car than you will any other time of the year....

Each to their own though :thumbs:

• Like 1

drive the zed - 'tis what it was made for :shrug:

My thoughts exactly, If I couldn't afford to drive it everywhere I would sell up tomorrow...

Personally I can't see why people wrap their Zed up over the winter, it is fantastic driving in cold conditions, as the car is NA it breathes so much better on a winters day and you learn a lot more about the handling of the car than you will any other time of the year....

Each to their own though :thumbs:

+1 My Z loved the winter, only ever got stuck once on a summer tyres when I drove onto some wet grass covered in snow

6889830238_75d0b5793b_c.jpg

Best MPG I got was 47 mpg but that was a very very long hill....over 30 is defiantly possible on A roads if your not trying to overtake everything7036213545_6bf43150f1_c.jpg

Well I bought my zed for commuting to work & back in. Had 20k on it for a car which was 4 years old and I immediately did 22k in the first 12 months of owning it. It would have been a lot more but the "fun" of forking out nearly £500 a month on super unleaded just to sit poodling along in rush hour traffic soon lost its novelty and I got an old diesel shed to use a few days a week to try and save money. My commute is 2 miles of town, then 35miles of 50->70mpg crusing, then 2 miles of town. Even driving like a nun gave me an average of 26mpg.

I used my car all year round. Like others, dont see the point in taking a car off the road for 5 months just cos its a bit cold outside. Esp when you think of the monthly costs of owning a zed. You know what you are buying when you get a zed, so you may as well use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up on this. I did just around 920 miles last week, and including being stuck outside the Dartford tunnel for over an hour on Thursday, the trip computer said 28.9mpg by the time I got home.

I know the stuck at the tunnel / bridge feeling.... my commute is 8 minutes in the morning coming home at 4am..... I always leave an hour before I start in the evenings and sometimes have been stuck and late.....

What amazes me is you are stuck for ages just before the toll then when it finally clears and yiu get through it is every car for themselves from 16 lanes to 4 :surrender: bad enough being stuck because of an accident without causing another one!