Tips for maintaining a first car

rtbiscuit

some great stuff in there, its a shame i only have 30 min, lots of these are more to do with good driving practice, but some stuff will come up in conversation.

i might run more courses for the 6th form if there is interest and maybe focus on driving practice etc. this is just a very short intro if you like.I've allowed for questions at the end as i think most will have some.

It might be worth adding a quick comment regarding checking things before you get in the car each time as well as the weekly/monthly checks, I get fed up of trying to wave at people with blown bulbs etc.

Detailing advice! :teeth:

Maybe if they're rich kids, it's probably not worth the effort for an old £200 Nova though. :lol:

Maybe if they're rich kids, it's probably not worth the effort for an old £200 Nova though. :lol:

You jest however making sure inside arch lips etc are cleaned is maintenance if they want to preserve the life of a car.

You jest however making sure inside arch lips etc are cleaned is maintenance if they want to preserve the life of a car.

Plus, given the weather and time of year, properly cleared screen and clean lights are good maintenance tips.

What a shame! I thought it was a brilliant idea. I've tried to show my son some basic maintenance checks and skills but it's like pulling teeth :bang: I think we run round after them so much, they don't see the need. If it breaks someone ELSE will fix it. Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits but sometimes.........

Do i sound like a sad old f*rt? :lol:

Really surprised none turned up at all. Rub it in tomorrow, tell them you got your mate to turn up in his Ferrari 458 for them to try their skills out on but never mind eh...

Highlights some of the diminishing responsibility we see from younger people nowadays, think that their actions have no consequences and don't care either if they do.

i think its their age, its not deliberate, they just dont think

No excuse ........ Kids need to learn that if you take the **** you get handed over to a convicted fiddler.

Hand em over to me! Mwah ha ha ha!

There is something wrong with you. Remember that halloween thread that got locked. :lol:

i think its their age, its not deliberate, they just dont think

No excuse ........ Kids need to learn that if you take the **** you get handed over to a convicted fiddler.

Hand em over to me! Mwah ha ha ha!

There is something wrong with you. Remember that halloween thread that got locked. :lol:

Funny how everyone keeps telling me that! Even the other person in my head tells me that! But he's not a very nice person. Anyways enough about him. Don't want him telling me what to do. Last time we did stuff, I got arrested.

Funny how everyone keeps telling me that! Even the other person in my head tells me that! But he's not a very nice person. Anyways enough about him. Don't want him telling me what to do. Last time we did stuff, I got arrested.

You sound like your related to .......

gollumface.jpg

I was going to suggest you get out more..... but perhaps you better stay in :lol: