CTEK Battery Charger

Payco

All

After some advice (again). Looking to purchase a ctek battery charger as recommended to keep the z battery charged up whilst garaged through the winter months. Not sure which one to buy so called ctek. They asked me to look up the AH rating as they said this was key to which charger was best for the job. I have looked on the battery and cannot for the life of me find this rating. Is the AH rating fairly standard on all z batteries ?. If it is can someone tell me what it is or better still let me know what CTEK charger you have if you have one for your z.

Thanks as always

Martin

Amps per hour?

Bingo its the ampere-hour rating of the battery. The higher the number, the more it can hold and the longer it will take with a given charger to charge. If you have a high rating battery then they will recommend a higher rated charger to keep it topped up.

Halfords suggest a battery with 60AH for the 350z (using their website).

As you effectively want it for trickle charging, I would go for one of the smaller ones as IIRC they will still maintain a high AH battery, they just wont bring it back from dead. As you wont let it die in the first place this will be fine. MXS 3.6 would bring it back from dead OK, but the XS 0.8 would keep it charged up if you keep it on all the time and would be cheaper. The higher chargers will just charge it quicker.

I just bought a MXS-10 for our camper and thats for a 75AH battery (upgrading to a 110AH at some point). I got a more powerful one to charge it quicker more than anything.

Thanks. I know what AH stands for just wasnt sure what the rating would be on a typical Z battery. Going to take the advice from Chris and get a XS 0.8.

Thanks to everyone who replied again.

Martin

Just remember that wont charge the battery from dead (may do, but will take a long time) and will take a long time to charge it, so make sure you put it on as soon as you know you are going to leave the car dormant for any amount of time :thumbs: