Replacement for company car sugestions

ewan221

I've pretty much decided to give up the company car (Ford Kuga) and do a bit of shedding, as I think I would be much better off with the car allowance and less tax. (Do have the choice of a new BMW 3 series, merc C class, Audi A4 or similar up to £34k though so still tempting !)

If I give up company car would be looking to spend £3 to £4 K

It would need to do around 35 mpg on a run, not as slow as a week in jail and not cost a fortune in spares, servicing and repairs

The only stipulation in car policy it work is that it has minimum of 4 seats.

Whats the suggestions ?

You can get a lot of car for £4k these days. I got my wife a Mazda 3 sport saloon, 55 plate, xenons, auto headlights, auto wipers, Bose system, for a touch over £3k from a dealer

Not the most economical but for local driving it's fine for us

Give us your other requirements other than 4 seats and good economy and wel fire suggestions at you

You can get a lot of car for £4k these days. I got my wife a Mazda 3 sport saloon, 55 plate, xenons, auto headlights, auto wipers, Bose system, for a touch over £3k from a dealer

Not the most economical but for local driving it's fine for us

Give us your other requirements other than 4 seats and good economy and wel fire suggestions at you

That pretty much it has to be 4 seats so I get my car allowance, reasonably economical, capable motorway cruiser and nice place to sit in. Would prefer petrol and it not to be the slowest thing on the road. Don't mind what age or if manual or auto.

So far Audi S3 and jag S type

Edited by ewan221

E46 is one of the first suggestions that always comes in my head with these threads. Great cars

Too many options is sometimes a harder choice lol. With your requirements it could be a coupe, hatchback, saloon, convertible, jeep. With your own suggestions, the s3 and s type are very different cars to each other

Celica? Plenty of audi and bmw models could fit the bill. CLK? E class? Mk4 golf gti anniversary? Civic type r? Accord type r?

The list is endless lol