Rome

nixy

Just got back from my girls weekend in Rome - what can I say. The colleseum was awesome,

colleseum.jpg

the Vatican museum was fantastic but the greatest thing of all was........THE MEN! The men in Rome are all gorgeous - even the Policemen are great looking! Sorry, you're probably not interested in that bit but trust me, my next husband is going to be italian!

The traffic was unbelievable and I would strongly recommend that nobody ever take their Z anywhere near! I don't think I saw one car that wasn't damaged, people actually shunted their way in and out of parking spaces and you took your life in your hands every time you tried to cross the road!

a good time was had by all - I'm knackered now though!

The men in Rome are all gorgeous - even the Policemen are great looking! Sorry, you're probably not interested in that bit but trust me, my next husband is going to be italian!

If you can live with doing everything in the household yourself and having someone tell you that "la mama" cooks better than you, go ahead :p

The men in Rome are all gorgeous - even the Policemen are great looking! Sorry, you're probably not interested in that bit but trust me, my next husband is going to be italian!

If you can live with doing everything in the household yourself and having someone tell you that "la mama" cooks better than you, go ahead :p

you forgot the bit about towering over 'em as well ;)

that's spanish, for starters. :lol:

yeah we do train our women well in the art of housekeeping and yes women don't even try entering the contest of who's the best cook as you'd lose every time B)

you forgot the bit about towering over 'em as well ;)

yeah actually, I forgot about all that - maybe I'll stick to looking!

Got back from Rome on Sunday. Great place. We were celebrating Kat's 30th and I booked the Portrait Suites Hotel owned by the Ferragamo family. I'd recommend the hotel to anyone - beautifully decked out, superb staff and a great location right in the middle of all the attractions (just opposite the Spanish Steps).

Didn't see a single Zed. Saw one Gallardo, a handful of Quattroportes and no Fezzas. Then again, having seen the way they drive I wouldn't take my pride and joy into the city.

They seem to drive either very little cars (Puntos, Pandas and Lancia Ypsilons) or large saloons in dark metallics (Alfa 159s, Mercs and the ubiquitous, and decidedly odd, Lancia Thesis). And 99% have numerous dents.......

glad you're back in once piece and didn't get run over!

Scary isn't it? :scare: Its the fact that if you don't take the bull by the horns on those crossings you'd be there all day, so you're putting your faith in them seeing you and stopping........

Saying that, I reckon they are far more alert as drivers than we are. If they were daydreaming, listening to Chris Moyles, playing with the sat nav, talking on the phone, putting on make-up, shaving and going round in a daze presuming that everyone will obey the highway code like the Brits they'd be dead. :wacko: