Alloy wheels problem

Zedrush

Okay, got 20" Zenetti wheels love em. Person who had em before me had them powder coated gunmetal grey. Only problem is that they are cracking really bad and it looks like a cement white hard powdery look underneath. Am worried as want to get them refurbed, repowdercoated and the lips polished, but think its too late? Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay to refurb wheels and repowder coat or is it too late, can powdercoated ruin wheels? :scare::scare:

sounds strange , no powder coating cant harm alloy wheels..

Looks like there may be corrosion underneath or worse evidence of a repair (filler :scare: ) any pics you can post

Hi mate yeh pics listed:

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel1.jpg

:cry:

Yep looks like a bad corrosion problem underneath the coating, may get away with just having them sandblasted back to clean metal and then re-coated. Way up costs though, may work out cheaper just getting a new set of rims, some nice ones been bought by members on here for around the £400 mark :)

sounds strange , no powder coating cant harm alloy wheels..

Looks like there may be corrosion underneath or worse evidence of a repair (filler :scare: ) any pics you can post

Hi mate yeh pics listed:

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel1.jpg

:cry:

Yep looks like a bad corrosion problem underneath the coating, may get away with just having them sandblasted back to clean metal and then re-coated. Way up costs though, may work out cheaper just getting a new set of rims, some nice ones been bought by members on here for around the £400 mark :)

These rims were almost 2k when bought, If it cost me 400 pounds to fix then I will do it rather than buy new ones, you think might be too late?

These rims were almost 2k when bought, If it cost me 400 pounds to fix then I will do it rather than buy new ones, you think might be too late?

I would reserve judgement until I saw them stripped of and blasted :dry:

If they have suffered severe corrosion I think maybe the complete structure and strength may have been compromised.. and the last thing you want is a wheel to let go on the motorway :scare:

You can get them crack tested and X-rayed , but the cost is going to throw that out of the window.. to be honest if they were mine and they looked as bad as your photos seem ,I'd junk them, lifes too short to mess with safety for the sake of a few quid :surrender:

Not all just two the others could do with refurb though. Hence the reason why I dont wanna come to wales meet untill these are sorted :(

Nooooooooo! :scare: Come, mate. We really want to see your car. You don't get many with custom red leather, widebody kits ansd scissor doors. Don't let us down, pal..... :(

Not all just two the others could do with refurb though. Hence the reason why I dont wanna come to wales meet untill these are sorted :(

Nooooooooo! :scare: Come, mate. We really want to see your car. You don't get many with custom red leather, widebody kits ansd scissor doors. Don't let us down, pal..... :(

I know bro but am appalled at my wheels, when I bought the car the RAC man said the only downfall was the state of the wheels but I didnt care, just been down to have them inspected, they can be fixed for £305 in total, they will have gunmetal centre with polish lip thank god :):):)

Will get done end of next month as will be without my car for 3 days :byebye:

Really want to come to wales meet but seriously am pretty embarrased and dont want my first meet with you guys to be clouded by unkept wheels due to the carelessness of previous owner :angry:

If any of you lot are around south east london or bluewater or essex, give me a shout ill come meet up and you can check out my car take it for a spin and all :thumbs:

Get your ass to the Wales meet , you wont be embarrassed I promise you , after all Sarnie's unkempt example will be on show :thumbs:

Lol cheers guys thanks for support maybe I can put black bags around them when I pull up. Just not a happy bunny at the mo, plus I aint even got a stubby arial yet :scare::scare:

Get your ass to the Wales meet , you wont be embarrassed I promise you , after all Sarnie's unkempt example will be on show :thumbs:

Lol cheers guys thanks for support maybe I can put black bags around them when I pull up. Just not a happy bunny at the mo, plus I aint even got a stubby arial yet :scare::scare:

Get one on ebay! :thumbs:

tell you what if you poll up to the Welsh do I'll give you a stubby ariel , I hate mine and have never fited it :thumbs: how's that for an offer you cant refuse ;)

I know bro but am appalled at my wheels,

Problem solved for you mate - just park next to me. Not only have I got a peppered bonnet and a scraped front bumper I've also got destroyed wheels :thumbs:

I like to provide services like this free to the community; I'm just give, give give!!

I know bro but am appalled at my wheels,

Problem solved for you mate - just park next to me. Not only have I got a peppered bonnet and a scraped front bumper I've also got destroyed wheels :thumbs:

I like to provide services like this free to the community; I'm just give, give give!!

you forgot the crack in the rear bumper or have you got that fixed now B)

Come on Zedrush! I've said it before - its a chat with mates and a fine drive not a concours event. No-ones judging you. In fact it wasn't even you who wrecked your wheels!

Everyone's got their issues. Look at Val - his car may be perfect but he's got awful dress sense! ;):p

Get yourself there, mate. We're looking forward to meeting you. :teeth:

Come on Zedrush! I've said it before - its a chat with mates and a fine drive not a concours event. No-ones judging you. In fact it wasn't even you who wrecked your wheels!

Everyone's got their issues. Look at Val - his car may be perfect but he's got awful dress sense! ;):p

Get yourself there, mate. We're looking forward to meeting you. :teeth:

Yep get yourself out there Zedrush or the 350z Gestapo will have you! ;)