ps3 sell out................... i think not

neo

sure some of the stores in large cities may sell out over the weekend but

Derby toys'r'us as about 6 different ps3 bundles, guess they have plenty in stock as there was about 15-20 tickets (that you take to the tills) for EACH of the packs so no i don't think they will sell out anytime soon :lol:

i believe that sony as messed up big time with the price and launch of the console they should have waited till the price of blue-ray dropped loads before launching it, guess losing $260(approx) on ever US console they sell isn't gonna help either :surrender:

sure if there were games i wanted to play on a PS3 then thats what i would have bought instead of the xbox 360 :)

Not supprising to a degree as they actually did very well at getting stock in for this launch , much more.

The wiis sold around 50K in the first day. Around 400K of PS3s were available so even if some are left around you could say they have still done well.

No-one knows how much they are now loosing per console since the redesign i.e. removal of ps2 chip, new factories producing the blue lasers rather than the single supplier they had at launch

Sony actually sells more PS2's than PS3's in the US atm ;)

But as the guy in an interview said "you cannot but a Porsche for the price of a Peugeot" :teeth: (which should be interpreted as "we sell you a Peugeot for the price of a Porsche") :p

And every console manufacturer except Nintendo loses money per console sold. They make money on the games.

Ow well, we ll see what the future brings, but with Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid no longer Playstation-only it will become interesting. My guess is for the 2nd generation of games on the consoles we ll see more of a diversion in game types for each platform, as opposed to the "game ships on pc/ps2/xbox/gc" we have seen until now, and the buyer will even more choose his/her console based on the games released on it (and i also think the ps3 will quite quickly drop in price).