Wheel balancing with new tires??

theheff

Hey guys,

I've had new tires fitted recently, whilst doing my brakes the other day I noticed that only two of the wheels have weights on them from balancing, one at the front and one at the rear.

Is this likely to be right or have they missed these wheels?

Paul

Hey guys,

I've had new tires fitted recently, whilst doing my brakes the other day I noticed that only two of the wheels have weights on them from balancing, one at the front and one at the rear.

Is this likely to be right or have they missed these wheels?

Paul

Get in car, slowly accelerate, if there's no vibration at any speed then you're OK.

I've not noticed any vibration at all, if anything the car feels better than it had since I bought it.

What would be the consequences of the wheels not being balanced, any damage to the tires or just vibrations when driving?

You have nothing to lose by getting it checked other than a few pounds. I would.

They probably did not need any weights.

Most wheels don't need balancing, but when you add an out of balance chunk of rubber.... They might.

The amount of balance weight required can sometimes be altered by re positioning the tyre on the rim.

Similar concept with turbos, some need a lot of balancing as a rotor system and as piece parts, others need virtually none.

Wheels and tyres are the same, just depends how evenly distributed and central the tyre mass is. If no vibration then it must have been in the spec limits when the tyre was fitted :thumbs: