Gt4 heated seat problems

jasper350z

Mine is not a GT4 but sounds very similar.

It's only any use on high, and it seems like the thermostat (if there is one) is dodgy, as you wont feel any heat for 20mins, and then suddenly it will go nice and hot for 30 seconds and then cool down again. :thumbdown:

I've often thought they were connected to the normal heating, i.e: they only heat up if the normal heating is on as well. Never really experimented though (or read the manual for that matter lol).

Mine certainly doesn't work like that, at least not on the low setting. Every now and then if I have been known to drive around with the heated seats on and the aircon on like 18deg. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it B)

DB

yeh checked that 2day made no difference what do you think im looking at when trying to get them fixed would it be the heat pads that are faulty or is it going to be the switches or is there a thermostatic control switch in the system somewhere that would cause problems i dont know how the system is controlled and by what anybody know would help when i start looking at faults thanks

Is there anybody in the Wiltshire or glos area that would be kind enough 2 let me remove one of the heated seats 2 put it in my car so I can see if there is a fault with the wiring in my car or if it is the heated seat pads in my car that are gone it wouldn't take long 2 do as the seats are only held in with 4 bolts it would save me a lot of time and money please thanks

I think it's a common fault my heated seats are exactly the same.

Low seems to do nothing, high they occasionally get warm then go cold been like it since I bought it. Think they are a bit pony or the stat is in the wrong place so switches off too soon.