Does anyone else...

brillomaster

...turn over when the latest Gocompare advert comes on?

Is it just me, or is it not very nice to watch some poor chap get a clearly very painful football to the stomach from football thug Stuart Pearce? How is kicking a football at someone any different to running up and punching him in the stomach? Poor Gocompare guy, hes only trying to advertise an insurance comparison site!

Now im not normally a violent man, but if i watch the advert it makes me want to punch Mr Pearce in the face for his mindless violence.

i'll get back to watching top gear now :blush:

Proves it works, as it got you to spread their name on the internet and you will not forget them. :shrug:

So it's 10/10 for them. :lol:

Agreed BUT do this test tomorrow.

Ask five people tomorrow a out comparison websites and ask them to name 3.

They will respond with 2 straight away but go compare is likely not to be mentioned. Mainly because people hate it and try to avoid remembering it!

...turn over when the latest Gocompare advert comes on?

Is it just me, or is it not very nice to watch some poor chap get a clearly very painful football to the stomach from football thug Stuart Pearce? How is kicking a football at someone any different to running up and punching him in the stomach? Poor Gocompare guy, hes only trying to advertise an insurance comparison site!

Now im not normally a violent man, but if i watch the advert it makes me want to punch Mr Pearce in the face for his mindless violence.

i'll get back to watching top gear now :blush:

Are you being serious? :scare:

It's not real :bangin:

He's actually a really nice guy - used to live not far from me.

Used to watch him perform on stage in Carmarthen - he's a classically trained opera singer - very very good :thumbs:

Just remember its an advert :blush:

but is it supposed to be funny? i just think its in bad taste for the poor bloke to be the subject of an unprovoked violent attack by a thug... even if it is just an advert... and also how satisfied Stuart is with his actions, when it clearly looks like assault to me :shrug:

still, fair play for gocompare for getting up to a ten post thread lol

Just remember its an advert :blush:

true, but there are plenty of adverts that get banned or censored - just wondering how violent an advert has to be before it gets banned?

I mean, Pearce could have cut out the middle man and just ran up and punched him in the stomach... same end result, but clearly not acceptable in an advert... the ASA has banned other adverts for a lot less - old tango adverts come to mind.

Do people actually still watch adverts?

If they don't there are quite a few FTSE 100 companies wasting tens of millions and some big ad agencies and market research companies shortly to go bust. You heard it here first B)

It is often the case that people remember the advert but don't make the connection in their buying behaviour (ie. the advert just becomes a thing in its own right) - however it's been going some time so you would imagine that if they do their research properly (by no means certain) it works for them.