Some more "noob" questions!

Tinyflier

So here are my latest questions!

1) Cubby Box

My SatNav is fractionally too large too large to let it sit inside and allow me to close the cubby lid. So I wondered about removing the inside parts of the box where it protrudes into the box itself. I spoke to my installer about this and he is happy to do that and fabricate a mount for the unit but his concern is what is on the other side ie the outer side of those protrustrions? Are the moulded like that to fit around some thing or are they just like that for no specific reason? He doesn’t envisage a problem running the power cable but doesn’t want to start chopping the box "blind".

2) Aerial

Have just bought an stubby from Redline Styling (and some other goodies too!). The OEM feels pretty well screwed on. Any tips for easy removal?

3) Passenger back release

There is a flip up level on the back of the passneger backrest that should allow the seat back to tilt forward. When I pull mine up nothing happens, I assume the lower end of the cable has detatched? Anyone had this and fixed it?

4) Instrument panel lights

Are these always illuminated as soon as the ignition is on?

David

So here are my latest questions!

1) Cubby Box

My SatNav is fractionally too large too large to let it sit inside and allow me to close the cubby lid. So I wondered about removing the inside parts of the box where it protrudes into the box itself. I spoke to my installer about this and he is happy to do that and fabricate a mount for the unit but his concern is what is on the other side ie the outer side of those protrustrions? Are the moulded like that to fit around some thing or are they just like that for no specific reason? He doesn’t envisage a problem running the power cable but doesn’t want to start chopping the box "blind".

Not sure I fully understand but the back of the cubby and bottom are shapped to match the shape of the bit it fits into I think there is a small gap at the back and the bottom is a frame so wires etc can be passed through - take it out and have a look before you chop it up.

2) Aerial

Have just bought an stubby from Redline Styling (and some other goodies too!). The OEM feels pretty well screwed on. Any tips for easy removal?

Twist harder :)

3) Passenger back release

There is a flip up level on the back of the passneger backrest that should allow the seat back to tilt forward. When I pull mine up nothing happens, I assume the lower end of the cable has detatched? Anyone had this and fixed it?

Sounds like the cable but I have Bride Seats so can't be much help.

4) Instrument panel lights

Are these always illuminated as soon as the ignition is on?

Yes :)

David