Focus Shed....

Leeroy

We bought a Focus banger last night, it's a 1998 1.8 Zetec. It's seems pretty solid apart needing a wheel bearing and having a bit of a dodgy boot lock :blackeye:

It's in metallic State Blue and cost 600 notes :lol:

I'm looking forward to giving the bodywork some love as it's covered in scratches and is pretty dull.

Does anyone have much experience of Focii? It needs a service which I reckon I'll DIY and might stick a K&N filter in. I'm not going to spend much dollar on it as we'll only run it for a few months until we buy a proper car.

Ive been servicing my mates focus for the last year or so and its all really easy to do. Did the brakes on it for him a few months back as well as a full service - all the bits were well cheap. 11quid for full set of front brake pads, and service bits came to less than 30quid.

Only thing which is a complete git to do and ive no idea why ford did it, is that the pollen (cabin) filter on it is actually up under the dashboard behind the glove box. So you have to strip out the entire glove box, move the fuse box etc etc to get to it!!! God knows why they didnt just put it under the bonnet like most manufactorers do.

Excellent, thanks for the info guys. I always fancied a go in the Focus due to it's reputation as a good steer, although I'm not sure how representive a 14 year old one with 115K on the clock will be :lol:

I'll throw it around once I know it isn't going to fall apart on me :drive1