Google car insurance compare!

Adrian@TORQEN

Just run mine through, about what I expected from the usual suspects. £650, but £1000 if you pay by instalments. Utterly insane, who on earth would pay by that??!! You'd chuck it on a credit card and pay it off over a couple of months if you couldn't do it in one go, it would still work out much cheaper.

I guess it hasn't been sort of publicly launched, it's a quiet launch, still testing and adding underwriters/brokers to it. We shall see, it just amazes me how Google becomes THE INTERNET, taking on all possible services.

We will see how this will affect GoCompare, Comparethemarket and the likes.

It got my car specs right at least, right down to it being an auto and a black edition.

No doubt Google will make it work, and it will take over from GoCompare. But they have to learn that even if they deliver products using Agile methodologies and in "Beta" it should at least work and only have some bugs. You shouldnt soft launch a product that clearly doesnt work, but being Google, people say - hey its ok - they can fix it later. If I did that at work, you'd all be going ape-@*!# if it didnt quite work :lol:

Just run mine through, about what I expected from the usual suspects. £650, but £1000 if you pay by instalments. Utterly insane, who on earth would pay by that??!! You'd chuck it on a credit card and pay it off over a couple of months if you couldn't do it in one go, it would still work out much cheaper.

Very true, but most insurance companies charge 5% or 10% more if you use a credit card, cheapest way would be to use debit card to avoid fees, but obviously then you need the full amount in the bank.