If it weren't for bad luck I'd have none!!

Plummerman

A couple of months ago I had a little accident in the zed :cry: and caused quite a bit of front end damage etc.. After much wrangling and arguing with the insurance arses I finally got the car repaired..... Or so I thought :dry:

Today a nice shiny grille from Steve350z arrived, jubilant me bounced out the door to fit it as soon as I finish, unscrew the plate as its a JDM to help get the grille on, and the license plate holder falls off :wacko: look at the hole and it's clear some kind of glue was used to re-attach.. I look further and the OEM grille is glued together in places, swinging free in others.. The two end caps either end of the grille are swinging in the wind, and to top it off.. The reflectors push in on the front edges, not a little but enough to flex the bumper :blink:

For the 4.5k they charged my insurers I assumed I'd had a new bumper etc, don't look that way.. Just some **** with a pot of solvent weld.. :bang: how the hell can a national company think they can get away with such shoddy work???

As a sole trader I would get reamed out to the high hills for such cowboy style workmanship, I give them a piece of my mind over the phone, asked me to attend for them to just stick bodywork tape to hold my plate on till a fortnight from now as they have no courtesy cars to offer me till the end of the month while they assess the claim... WTF!!

NO WAY!! :scare:

Really sorry to hear this Phil, as you know from our conversations I know how much work went into getting your zed back on the road. I cant believe the cowboys have left the front bumper like that, its a complete bodge. As above though mate, contact the insurers with photos etc, maybe even say to them you want the repair work to be carried out by a company of your choice.

Its one thing after another with your zed, I really feel for you, lets hope this is the last thing! :surrender:

Cheers guys :thumbs:

What was I just saying tho steve, I knew things were going to sweetly :lol: Never mind, the unknown nismo bits Mitz found are still keeping my Z love going :teeth: She'll be a beauty again..... One day :dry:

Just tried the insurers.... The damn claims dept is now closed till the morning :rant:

That sucks, id be on the phone to the insurers statingi wont accept the car until its properly fixed

Here's the problem, I've had the car back since 27th of June.. It's amazing what a spit and polish can do when you haven't seen the pride and joy for weeks.. Never crossed my mind that the stuff you couldn't see was bodged..

Add to the fact I'm not with said insurers anymore :headhurt: but I'm sure they'll want to know the company they pay copious amounts of cash to is bodging stuff like this

1st thing is to name the Accident repair shop so if anyone else gets sent there by their insurance company they can tell them to get stuffed.

You have the right to choose the bodyshop and demand quality parts.

Insurance companies have a list but it does not mean they are the best.

They just state they use parts up to ISO standards.

This is the minimum they can get away with.

Always insist in Nissan original parts regardless and don't be browbeaten.

I always have and never had a problem.

3 times I sent my 1st Zed back to ARC in Park Royal.

And they are the WLMG appointed repairer.

New wing/new door skin and a 96 day wait for an original front Ray from Japan.

As far as I was concerned the integraty of the wheel was compromised.

The wheel alone was £1130.

I put a post up last may 2011 about the whole incident.

I had a brand new merc 350 Cls grand edition as a hire car at £186 a day sent down from

manor car hire in Blackburn.

Should have done a deal on that one:)

I hate these fly by night cowboys.

:rant:

If it were me and they'd done a bodgy job, I'd be livid. Always pays when you have any work done anywhere, of any description, check the car over when going in and more importantly when coming out, to eliminate this sort of rubbish.

Good luck getting it sorted, let us know how you get on.