Chargespeed rear.. That fits! RT PERFORMANCE?

WINKJ

Crazy idea I know, but perhaps one made by .......... Chargespeed? :D

expensive and heard they are a worse fit than the replicas? :shrug:

The only existing copy of the Chargespeed is a direct copy of mine. The adjustments made to mine were taken after the mould. So, the copy will have the same issues.

Also with copies there maybe slight changes in the material, this creating potential fitting issues. I've seen three copies of mine now, and each sits differently with alternate issues. Nothing major but issues that I didn't have.

My Chargespeed required shavings taken off from around both light clusters, the boot lock, and the fixings under the wheel arch. So itsl not a fitment issue, just slight adjustments.

There is also a huge difference between the quality of my carbon diffuser and the copy. I know which one I'd prefer.

Mine went on with only very, very minor issues. So did the skirts and the bumper funnily enough, Chargespeed stuff is always pretty accurate in my experience :)

Are you using the diffuser I gave you Wasso, I take it thats your preferred one :)

Yeah, thanks to Wasso that is the only Chargespeed copy in the UK. We have made adjustments to 4 prototypes until we were happy with it. However fibreglass bumpers/skirts will never fit as nicely as OEM parts, all require extra work for perfect fit and finish. That's why bodyshops charge on average £100 more for aftermarket kits. And it is essential to have the car on site to adjust the bumper to a specific body. End of this month we will be re-fitting genuine Chargespeed for one forum member. We'd have to cut the top of the bumper off, as the boot lids hits it and then re-figreglass it back in place... Fiddly custom work.

Mine went on with only very, very minor issues. So did the skirts and the bumper funnily enough, Chargespeed stuff is always pretty accurate in my experience :)

Are you using the diffuser I gave you Wasso, I take it thats your preferred one :)

Of course :#1:

RT repaired the hole in the lacquer, it's not perfect but far better than expected. I think there's some air or dust in the repair but can't be seen unless closely inspected.