AC condenser

GT4 Zed

I finally found where the leak from my AC is comming from :bangin: After getting the garage to refill my system with gas and dye thrice now and they could never find the leak and after about two weeks the AC would start to blow hot air agian. Everything works after regassing.

i took matters in my hands and got it regassed and bought you UV googles and light from ebay and had a look myself in the night and found the culprit. There is a leak on the top part of little tank by the condenser where a pipe comes out of it. look like there is a joint here may be leaking as there is dye just only in this area.

I want to take off the whole thing to inspect closely while the zed is recieveng other attention but not sure if this is repairable/weldable or only the tank thingy can be replaced or just get a new or used one (Alex or Lee). Has anyone got the same issue in the past or present?

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/p ... 593=135317

Sorry,but got to ask what the goggles are for? Were you expecting it to spurt you in the eye or something? :lol:

On a serious note, hope you get it sorted ok. If its a metal tank, I see no reason why it just cant be welded up and reused. Providing the welding is good.

Bennet, any chance of a picture where it is leaking mine still needs to be fixed but is leaking here:

IMG_6691.jpg

Hi DB, can't get a clean shot for a meaningful pic as i'm looking at the leak area through the front griil. I will take some pics when I take off the bumper and the condenser but for ref the condenser seats infront of the rad as per your pic and my leak is from the top pipe on a cylindrical candister attached to the driver side edge of the condenser. There is a bracket there and I would suspect the cause of the damage.

Your leak looks man made :p ?DIY around there that went wrong? ;)

I be sorting mine out next week on my week off.