Shall I remove my head unit?

nixy

When I bought my CTR it already had a VDO dayton MS4200 head unit with a 6 CD boot changer. This is a Sat Nav head unit and when I googled it I found it cost approx a grand. Unbelieveably the original stereo was in the boot! Now I'm in two minds here - do I leave it in the honda and hope that it's a good selling point (I really need it to go) or do I swap it back out for the original stereo?

The honda has high mileage and there's quite a few out there so this could be a clincher. What do you think?

agreed, but maybe you'd buy my car over a similar one with a standard head unit? Don't know why the previous owner left it in when he traded it in!

I dont think that a standard head unit would lose you any sales. Ive left aftermarket headunits in my last few cars when ive got rid of them, mainly because ive always sold the originals though :teeth:

I sell private cars abit, had 4 last year, in all my experience, if you advertise the crx with the headunit it wont make much difference to the sale and you will not get anything for it. The fact you are a lady owner holds a better potential of selling it than having the headunit. If you want i can help list it on pistonheads, wording is important and over stating the obvious is key :thumbs: